•30

Mama, mama, you know I love you
Oh you know I love you
Mama, mama, you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Loving you is like food to my soul
You're always down for me
Have always been around for me
Even when I was bad
You showed me right from my wrong
Yes you did
And you took up for me
When everyone was downing me
You always did understand
You gave me strength to go on
There were so many times Looking back when I was so afraid
And then you come to me
And say to me I can face anything
And no one else can do what you have done for me
You'll always be
You will always be the girl in my life, ooh oh
: Mama by Boyz 2 Men

                Kyren P.O.V.
           I sighed shutting off my engine. "King Jr, your grandma better not be with the shit today," I mumbled. He just stared at me. I got out of the car and grabbed his car seat and bag. Then I headed into Lauren's house where my mom and Mia were staying.

           I wanted Lyric to come along, but she was sleepy. So I let her rest. I knocked on the door and Lauren opened it. "Don't you still have a key?" She asked.

             "No I returned you all the keys to your house," I replied. She rolled her eyes.

           "Hey KJ," she cooed to King Jr.

          "How you and Kyron doing?" I asked rubbing her stomach.

           "We're fine. Your mom and Mia are in the living room," she answered. "May I hold him?" She asked lifting the blanket off of his face.

           "No you may not," I answered as she led me into the living room where our moms and siblings sat.

          "Kyren," my mom said standing up.

          "Hey ma. Hey Mia. Hey y'all," I greeted everybody, then hugged my mom. She smiled when I kissed her cheek. "So what y'all been up to?" I asked taking King Jr out of his car seat.

          "Nothing much. Can I hold him?" Mia asked. I sighed rolling my eyes.

         "No," I replied.

         "Pleaseeeeee," she pouted. I gave her a look.

           "No," I replied bouncing my son.

           "How come Lyric's sister and her ex BOYFRIEND got to hold the baby but we can't?" Mia asked pointing between her and Sherry. I cut my eyes at both of them. I'm Kyren King. I don't have to explain myself to nobody. I choose to explain myself to Lyric, so she doesn't count.

            "That's surely not fair," Sherry mumbled folding her arms.

           "Momma can we talk in private?" I asked ignoring the little kids.

         "Yes. We can go to my room," she said standing up. I stood with Kyren on my shoulder. He looked at Mia and Sherry. Then he made the ugliest face ever.

             "That baby looking at me like he crazy," Sherry whispered.

          "With his momma, he probably is," Mia mumbled. I shook my head at them, following my momma to her room. She closed the door and I sat in the armchair while she sat on her bed.

            She sighed rubbing her necklace I gave her when I was 16. She's been wearing it for almost nine years. "So what do you want to know?" She asked. I stared at her for a moment analyzing her. She was nervous and afraid of rejection. In denial that I would understand.