•15

And myself keeps telling me that
This is not supposed to happen brother you've been hurt too many times before
First I tripped, then I slipped, then I fell
You made me love you
You made me love you babe, (oh yes) made me love you babe
Made me love you babe, (ho) made me love you babe
Hey you made me love you
You made me love you babe, made me love you babe (yeah)
Made me love you babe, (aw baby) made me love you babe
You made love you
You made me love you babe, made me love you babe (aw love)
Made me love you babe, made me love you babe
Said the power of love you see 
Are 10 billion wonders to me (like the moon and stars above)
There's a whole new world for my eyes to see (yes sir)
So much joy darling you put in me
And now the sun is shining where there used to be rain, oh Lord
And now no more loneliness, no more hurt, no more pain
: The Power Of Love by R. Kelly

                   Lyric P.O.V.
          I stared at the adoption brochures. I could find him a nice loving family to take him in. They'll shower him with love and give me him all the kisses that the father can't. My baby will have a father in his or her life. I didn't grow up without a father and I be damn if he or she does.

                I took a sip of my grape juice. I put it in a wine glass to make it feel like I was drinking something strong. But it wasn't working. I felt like a little ass girl. I still feel like one. I am not ready for a baby in any shape, form, or fashion.

               A knock on my door pulled me from my pity party. I got up and opened the door. It was Chance. He pulled me into a hug. "Wassup baby?" He teased me.

              "Nothing. Where's Kai?" I asked him.

               "Lemme tell you about this damn girl Lyric. I was about to take her to a NBA game and she brought another dude and then pretty much called me a lying stalker. I almost knocked the fuck out of that girl Lyric. I swear to GOD," he shook his head.

                "You are persistent, so I get the stalker part," I shrugged.

                "That's not the point Lyric. The point is she almost died cause I was gone kill her," he replied. I chuckled.

               "Damn sucks to be us," I laughed.

                "What happened with you and King?" He asked.

                "The usual. He loves his wife again," I shrugged. He sighed.

                "You need to quit letting him use you like that. You deserve better Lyric. You deserve the world honestly. And if King isn't willing to at least try and give it to you, then King doesn't deserve you," he told me.

                 "I know, but it's so hard to get over him. It was easy. Real easy for me to just forget about him when I was with you. But after we broke up, he started coming around more. And it's like I was falling for him all over again," I sighed.

                 "So you used this man as a rebound?" He asked chuckling.

                 "No. It's just. When we were together, I forgot about King. I mean he was still around, but he was the furthest thing from my mind," I shrugged.

                 "That's because you had a reason to deny him. You were in a relationship. You're not a cheater and I was your man, girl. You ain't have no reason to cheat. Once we broke up, he saw his chance to swoop back in and he started doing the little things that made you fall for him in the first place," he explained. "Or maybe he been doing those things and you didn't pay attention until we broke up."