XI

We continued on the next morning in search of the Faery, but silence seemed to follow us as we wondered about Peter and the possibility of him actually being half Fae.

The whole idea made a lot more sense than I hoped, for if it was true then that meant that the cure would not work and Peter would have to stay in Revenland.

I didn't mention this, but by the thoughtful frown he wore, I knew that it had already crossed his mind.

"It just doesn't make sense to me." Peter finally whispered to me tired of the silence.

"It's possible I suppose." I shrugged, watching where I stepped and avoiding any tripping. "Did your aunt allude to anything Faery-ish?"

Peter snorted, "She'd chastise me for even mentioning such a thing."

He seemed to think for a moment before speaking up again, "She rarely spoke of my father, or how he died. I never really thought to ask of my mother."

"Maybe that's the answer." I suggested,"Maybe your mother's side is where all the mystery hides."

He met my gaze, I could see the million of questions stirring up behind his eyes.

"Maybe."

A silence fell once again and I fought within me whether or not to ask.

Finally I gave in,"What did the Mermaid whisper to you?"

"She said my true name was Pan." His expression only became more confused.

I was unable to contain my laughter as the others looked at me strangely.

"Sorry," I said recovering, "It's just first he's half Fae and now he's J.M. Barrie's character."

"Who?" Finnegan asked.

"He was the first to write about Peter Pan."

"Never heard of those two." Knit mused.

My mouth slacked in disbelief, but before I could ask what rock they've been hiding under, Peter pulled me down to hide behind a bush.

He motioned for me to be quiet and pushed the leaves back to reveal what I had been wanting to see since the day we got there.

The Faery who took my sister.