Make Trades

You were visiting Alfred, he lived in New York in a pent house andyou stayed in a guest bedroom. He was actually very accommodating andwould do his best to actually cook for you instead of just gettingfast food. Though you didn't mind the fast food Five Guys as much asthe others.

Right now you two were watching a superhero movie and every time theromantic scene came up he would pull you into his lap and kiss you.The movie was over however so he could instead holding you close.

"You know Name, I was thinking of something." He said as youhummed to let him know that you were listening to him. "Would yoube interested in trading?" He asked as you turned to look at him,he was just looking at you with curious sky blue eyes.

"Well I haven't ever made any trades before; I'm prettyself-sufficient." You explained as he watched you silently.

"It's okay if you don't want to babe, you won't hurt my feelings."He promised with a wide smile and you gave a giggle.

"There is something I think my people would like, but what is ityou want?" You asked as he hummed looking at you curiously.

"The only thing I can think of is those cool pastels you make fromthose plants in your island." Alfred nodded looking at youcuriously "What is it that you think they'd want?"

"It's a right of passage for people to travel to another country;if the family can't afford it my government funds a week for a personto go to one country. Though most people do it anywhere from two tofour weeks." You explained and shrugged, nuzzling into his chest."A lot of people who choose to come here to America really like thecomics. Some even buy multiple of the comics and take them here tosell them." You explained and he nodded.

"Why do you do that?" Alfred asked honestly shocked. It was notout of the ordinary for people in his country to never leave thecountry; some never leaving the state.

"It's a layover from my days as a nomadic nation with no land tocall my own. It was also a way to broaden my peoples horizons and tolearn new ways of doing things."

"That's interesting, what else do you think about then, besidecomic books?" He asked and you thought for a moment but thinkingfor a moment.

"No, I don't think so."

"That sounds good; comic books for pastels?" He asked and younodded.

"Yes, that sounds right." You both knew that you would have to doa lot more figuring. How many issues for a pound of pastels, andwhich colors, but it was something to be nice. Your first trade withanother country.

This is shortbut I hope it is good.