Bullies

I walked around town, kicking a rusty old coke can wandering about what it would be like to go to school.

Would it be hard? Would I get picked-on? Would the teachers like me?

I sighed.

I don't know, and I guess I never will. It's already too late for me.

I walked up to my favourite café and sat at my normal seat.

Lola, the lady who owns the place, saw me and walked over. She sat across from me.

"What's up Riles?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

Just like Carol, she's family to me, always giving me discounts, left-overs, money and a job if I need one. Sometimes when someone comes over she told me that she reserves my seat just in case I come over.

I sighed again.

"I'm just thinking of my ruined future. Do you think it's too late to start school?" I say sadly.

"It's never too late to start school Riley" Lola sighed softly.

My head shot up as fast as lighting and I stared at her face to see if she was serious.

"Really?" I say just above a whisper.

She nodded, dead serious.

She stood up and walked over to the counter and asked for two coffees and two brownies then walked back over.

I took one coffee and a brownie.

"So what's been going on lately?" She asked, knowing that for now I wanted a change of subject. "You came later then usual"

"We finally got a real customer" I say as I take a sip of coffee.

"Really?!" She asked, just as excited as me and Carol were this morning.

"Yeah, he's staying for about a month"

"Oh wow, that's awesome!...wait, he?" Lola gave me one of those cheeky smiles and an eyebrow wiggle.

I groaned. I saw this coming.

I nodded.

"Nah-ah young lady you have to tell me everything!"

"Fine" I huffed. "He's about my age, his names Tyson but I call him Ty and he calls me Fire Girl 'cause of my hair. What else? He's tall with blond hair and brown eyes. And he wanted to ditch school to walk around town with me"

"Then where is he now?"

"At school"

"Why?"

"Because I made him"

She just laughed and walked over to the counter.

"Well, you have a good day. I've got to get back to work so I'll see you tomorrow" she said as she rushed outback.

"Bye!" I shouted after her.

I took my last bite of my brownie, picked up my half full coffee and started walking outside again.

***

I was back from my walk hours ago and now I'm sitting on my bed, listening to my radio that I saved up a long time to get along with some CDs.

I was bobbing my head to 'Wrecking Ball' by Miley Cyrus when I herd someone knocking on my door.

"COME IN!" I shouted over the music.

The door slowly creaked open to reveal an unhappy looking Tyson.

Immediately I turned the music down then turned to Tyson.