First day of school Prt 2

After the bell rang Sam grabbed my hand and dragged me to class.

She ran and sat at a desk in the middle of the classroom and patted the seat next to her. I shrugged my shoulders and went to sit next to her feeling everyone's eyes on me.

When the teacher came in she gave me a dirty look and asked me to introduce myself to the class.

"Um.....I'm Riley" I said from where I was sitting.

"Well I'm Mrs Thorn and I don't approve of people wearing headphones in my class even if your not listening to music. Hand it over and you'll get it back at the end of period" She shouted at me.

I didn't realise that my headphones were still sling around my neck, how embarrassing! I took them off and handed them over with a sigh.

This was going to be a long day.

***

The bell for lunch rang, and I think I've had enough of this place. I mean what the hell was I thinking?

Right now Sammy was leading me over to the school canteen. She wanted to introduce me to 'the gang' which is what she calls her group of friends.

I was starting to feel a little bit nervous so I started to twirl the cord to my headphones around my fingers, yeah my headphones are around my neck again but when the bell rings I'm taking them off.

"Hey Riles, don't be nervous, they'll love you!" Sammy beamed as she flicked her pretty wavy purple and blue hair out of her face.

I shrugged my shoulders and dropped my cord.

We sat down at a table with three other kids.

They all looked at me weirdly.

Sammy cleared her throat and introduced me to her friends.

"Guys this is the new girl Riley, Riley this i....."

But she was cut off by a girl with neon green hair with black streaks through it."I'm Nicky" She nodded at me.

"Hi" I said.

Then a tall girl with sky blue hair and pink tips said, "Hi, I'm Luna"

"Hi"

Last was a tall guy with scruffy black hair with a single pink streak through it. "Sup I'm Seth"

"Hello" I said shyly.

"So now that that's over with, what made you want to come to school" Sammy asked me.

"Well there's nothing better to do and I don't really want to spend the rest of my life at a lame job like McDonalds" I shrugged.

"Dude! you work at McDs? I feel for you sista, I used to work there!" Nicky chuckled.

I nodded in agreement, happy that finally someone understands.

"I LOVE your headphones!" Luna beamed.

"Thanks, I saved up for ages to buy this, my iPhone and my radio" I said.

"Tyson told me about your family/home problem, I think you're handling it pretty well" Luna said.

I lowered my head. "Has he told you about the phone call on the bus?"

Luna nodded and looked at the others.

By the looks of it the others knew as well.

I'm going to have to have a talk about this to Ty because I don't want everyone in school to know.

"Who else knows?" I asked, slightly worried.

"No one else, he knew that we were your friends and thought we should know" Nicky said.

I nodded my head.

I felt my phone buzz with a text message. I looked down at the screen to see the number matched my mothers number.

I sighed and read it.

WELL I SEE YOU'VE MADE SOME NEW FRIENDS. THAT'S NICE. WHEN YOU GET HOME YOU'LL HAVE A NICE SURPRISE WAITING.

-LOVE FROM MUM

My face paled in seconds. What did she mean by surprise at home?

Thankfully the day was almost over so I could go home sooner because I have a feeling that this 'surprise' wasn't going to be good.

***

After the last period of my first day of school I rushed to the bus as fast as I could, I found out that Seth court my bus as well so I decided to sit next to him.

"So, what's the rush to go home all of a sudden?" Seth asked.

I didn't feel like talking anymore so I showed him the message on my phone.

His smile melted as he read.

"That's some messed up shit" he muttered in surprise.

"Tell me about it" I laughed humourlessly.

He just looked at me with pity and handed my phone back.

The bus stopped for me and Tyson to get off.

I ran to the house as fast as I could to see what was waiting.

As soon as I opened the door I dropped my bag in shock.

Oh god!