Great Surprise

I can't believe my eyes!

There, sitting on the counter next to a large box with holes in it was a bouquet of pink roses, my favourite.

I walked over to it and saw that there was a note tied to a rose.

It read:

HELLO HUN, I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A NICE SURPRISE WAITING. I HOPE YOU LIKE THE FLOWERS. ANYWAY LOOK IN THE BOX.

-LOVE MUM

What the hell?

I stepped away from the flowers and walked over to the box.

I opened it to see the cutest golden retriever pup in the world, they are also my favourite breed of dog.

I picked her up and held her in my arms. Cute!! I'm gonna name her Lucky!

"Hey, I know the puppy's sweet and all, but something is missing from this scene" Tyson said a little worried.

"Such as?" I challenged.

But he didn't answer he just kept on looking around for something.

When he didn't find what he was looking for he grabbed the wall phone and dialled a number, but no one picked up.

"What is it Ty?" I asked feeling a little nervous now. Something doesn't feel right.

"Where's Carol?" He asked.

I dropped the pup and ran upstairs to have a look around. Then ran downstairs.

Nowhere to be found.

"Do you have a car?" I asked him.

"Yes" he said. "Why?"

"Because I think we should check her house before we jump to conclusions that she's missing" I explained.

He nodded and started out to the door to where his small car was parked.

We drove over to where Carol lives and knocked on her door.

No reply, so I went to where she keeps her spare key and opened the door.

I gestured Tyson to come in and help me look around for Carol. I even tried in the garden where she likes to go when she's stressed about something.

Yet she's nowhere to be seen.

"Ok Ty, lets got back to the motel and when we get there I will call Mum through my cell phone and see if she has anything to do with this" I said.

"Yeah, this is starting to freak me out!" He whimpered but drove us home anyway.

It was a silent trip home. Of course it was, there was nothing to say.

When we got home we walked through the door and over to the window seat so I could call Mum.

I put my phone on loud speaker so Ty could hear too and dialled her number. We only had to wait three rings until she picked up.

"I knew were going to be calling sooner or later" She laughed. "How do you like the gifts?"

"Where's Carol?" I shouted.

"Oh her, don't worry about her, she's just shopping. Don't worry sweet heart I haven't done anything to her yet"

The minute she said that I hanged up on her. I was done speaking.

I sighed and walked over to check on Lucky. He was curled up on the counter seat.

It's been a long day so I'm going to skip dinner and go straight to my room.

I ended up getting my money back last night. After me and Carol watched the video she went up and told his parents (we decided not to get the police involved). Daniel had to hand me over my money and when he didn't apologise his mum made him hand over one hundred dollars more from his pocket money.

I felt my phone buzz in my hand.

TO RILEY

HI RILES CAN I COME OVER TO THE MOTEL? I'M BORED. :)

FROM SAMMY

I could use some other company.

TO SAMMY

SURE!WHY NOT? YOU COULD STAY THE NIGHT IF YOU WANT.

FROM RILEY

TO RILEY

THANKS IM ON MY WAY.

FROM SAMMY