Payton's POV

When I wake up, I'm alone in my room. How did i- oh right.
I go downstairs to see where Louis is. But when I get down there, no one is there.
"Hello? Louis? Where are you?" I walk around the first floor calling for Louis.

"Louis left. The boys all wanted to go out for dinner. But I decided to stay with you." A deep voice says behind me. When I say behind me, I mean RIGHT behind me.

I slowly turn around and to see a toned chest showing through a white tee shirt. I freeze.

"You okay, bub?" He puts his hand on my shoulder to keep me steady.

"I-I-" the only other person who has ever put their hand on my shoulder was my mother. And, fuck, do I miss her. I miss the way she would smile at me. The ways she would hold me in her arms when I cried. I just miss her. I miss my mom. My best friend. The only person who had ever cared for me.

"Are you okay Payton?" He wipes a tear off of my face that I didn't even know existed. Though, I slowly nod and wipe the rest off y face.

"Yes. I'm fine. Thank you." I don't know how I mustered those words out but I did. In that moment, Louis comes rushing through the door and sees my face.

He goes into a full on sprint from the door to my arms.
"I felt like something was wrong so I left and came here to check on you." He embraces me in a long hug. Him and I crying and him soothing both of us.

"Louis, I miss her" I mumble into his shoulder.

"Shh, darling, I know I know. Don't worry. It'll turn out fine." He keeps holding onto me longer and I don't let go of him. Harry still extremely confused as to what is going on.

"L-Louis I- I miss her" I collapse to the floor in a fit of tears, Louis following suit. Liam and Niall run into the house panting. They move to where Harry is standing just watching the scene unfold.

"Darling I know. She's watching you. She loved you very much. I'm here now okay? I promise I will take care of you. You're my sister. I'm not leaving you okay?" He strokes my hair out of my face and wipes my tears.

I nod slowly and take deep breathes. "Okay. Thank you Louis. I'm feeling better." I stand up and take Louis hand with me. I hug him once more and look the boys.
"I'm sorry this is a terrible first impression. First I fall unconscious and then I'm in tears. I'm sorry. Let's start this over? My name is Payton Marie Walters. I'm turning 19 December 24." They all freeze.
"What? Did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's just that... Well. Louis?" Niall gestures to Louis.

"Well you see, that's my birthday as well!" He jumps and hugs me and spins me around.