0.4

that day, she decided after school, she'd call the infamous snake. however, she'd already been beaten to the punch. it seemed she could never come in first place when it came to sawyer sage, although, she didn't think she'd mind all that much. growing up, she'd always been the one to text first or the one to kiss first. there wasn't so much pressure it seemed.

as she kicked off her shoes and shed a large yellow coat, a buzz interrupted her day dreaming train. jamming her hand in her back pocket, it resurfaced with a call which she promptly answered -- robin didn't think twice to check the caller id. "hmm?" she was still a tad bit distracted about her thoughts on making an omelet.

"hi." the voice on the other end was cheesy and child-like. her nose wrinkled up in response to a small, teeny-weeny smirk.

"why, hello. how may i help you?" robin's voice mimicked a french accent, accentuating the 'y' in 'you' and pausing tad bits in appropriate places.

the dorkiest laugh, robin would swear, sounded on the other end. robin leaned her hip against the counter, the jean material of her shorts pressing further into her skin as she yanked up on the tops of her fuck boy nike socks. "would you, monsieur, ask the bird if she'd like to accompany me later this evening?"

"oh, but sir," robin stifled a full on chuckle behind her hands, wrenching out some eggs, a packet of bacon, half a green pepper, and shredded cheese. "i must insist you let this lady know how late!"

"wouldn't that ruin the surprise?"

"siiir." her voice warned jokingly, her eyes glinting with humor as she made busy to dicing the pepper.

"fine, then. twelve a.m., standard time. will the lady join me?"

robin sighed wistfully, murmuring a fake conversation into the phone line. "the lady says, 'yes, snake,' but i must warn you, monsieur. she wants waffles."

a yelled 'yes!' was heard on the other end, a bit away from the receiver was, she must guess. finally, sawyer cleared his throat and was steady again. "tell the lady i wouldn't have anything else for her."

and with that, they bid silent goodbyes. robin pressed her full lips together for several full moments, stopping her movements. she dropped the knife and let out a string of her own self-congratulatory squeals. she found herself hurrying the omelet and eating quickly in her room.

checking the clock, she saw it was approximately 11:10 at night, meaning she had a minute to get ready. her clothes were stripped off in haste right before she texted her sister 'plans tonight love u' and in which, her sister's response was 'no pregnancy love u'. the girl worked out the kinks in her hair and bubbled up some sharpie ink on her ankle she did that day in the park.

supposing they were going to waffle house, or somewhere of the sort, robin dressed in a black tank top, a black turtle neck sweatshirt on top that said 'sadboy :-(' on the collar, and light wash skinny jeans rolled up to show her upper ankles and all. it was a very fuckboy™ kind of style, yet she knew she wouldn't be judged at all by the lanky barista.

he arrived in the driveway at exactly 12:17 and she grabbed her backpack, swinging it around her shoulders and bidding herself out of the silence that made her ears ring and hands shake.

the smile that was delivered to robin from the driver's seat was lopsided and eager. she leant over the console, straightening a piece of his brown hair. she stopped suddenly afterwards, midway through putting on her seatbelt. her eyes travelled to the collar of his black turtleneck sweatshirt that said 'sadboy :-(' on the collar. her eyes widened and she pointed at him accusingly. "you fuckboy!"

his smile widened to a full on grin and he grabbed her small hand in both his, an eye squinting laugh in full effect. "no shit! this is not happening!"

robin bit down on her chapstick ridden lips, her expression reading as 'well, someone's gonna have to change.'

don't hate me. this'll be a double update since it'd be like double the chapter length in one chapter. so, I'm gonna make 2 chapters . next one is date night ;-)