0.5

in his beater car -- a 1960's chevy truck that was perhaps half painted green and half painted red -- they crawled their ways to a cinder blocked building that read 'w fl h use.' he didn't open the door for her, or anything like that, but he did bump his hip against her side as they walked and pulled her a tad closer by the strings in her sweatshirt collar.

"oh, god," robin laughed, throwing her head to the side. "we look like some obnoxious couple that likes to match their outfits." her black shoes scuffed against a few rocks outside as they walked,  kicking one into the giant's path.

"well," he began suggestively, looking down on her jokingly, "we technically do match. so, who's fault is that?"

"your mom's fault," she teased back, bumping her hip into his thigh. he leant past her and opened the door for them both. "ladies first." she offered, snickering as she stepped aside for him to enter first.

"age before beauty," he offered back without hesitation or slip up. she pushed past him, humored how he bit back retorts as fast as she let them fly.

robin went immediately for the booth seats over on the far left side where a light was starting to flicker off. she sat on one side, pushing her back against the tacky red cushions. he sat on the other, leaning on his elbows on the table.

"so, what grade are you in?" the girl offered, reaching in her bag and pulling out her sketchbook and a few utensils held together by a thin rubber band.

"freshman in college. i go to the campus right on the other side of town." he talked with his hands, she noted. it was an interesting trait she supposed. abruptly, she pushed herself over the booth and leant across the table. her fingers traced by his cheekbones where a few freckles mingled. that's not what caught her fancy.

"your eyes!" she showed a quite excited look. his eyes were two colors at once and how she wasn't able to tell before, she'd beat herself over forever. her fingernails traced right by his eyelid and lifted slightly. all the while this ordeal went on, sawyer watched her with an amused smirk.

she leant back slightly -- only slightly -- and bent her head down. yes, his eyes were blue near the outer end of the iris. toward the pupil, it was a muddy brown and robin swore flecks of gray were in there as well. she sighed, leaning back finally and patting his cheek jokingly. "who'd have thought?" her smile was uneven like cheap pavement and stayed that way for nearly five minutes afterwards.

"heterochromia. a condition where, in your case, the inner part of your irises differ colors from the outer part of your iris. you know, sawyer, you're absolutely stunning." she drummed her pencil against the table before she continued to sketch. she didn't realise she had ordered, yet before she knew it, there sat three chocolate chip waffles in front of her.

promptly, she put down her drawing utensils and scooted everything inside her bag. robin drenched her plate in butter and syrup, cutting it up swiftly and pocketing it into her mouth. sawyer watched her curiously over the table, taking tender bites out of a steak and egg burger.

when they exited, robin hadn't realized at the time, but sawyer grabbed onto her hand and swung them as they walked to the car. in the car, robin turned on some crappy indie band and sung along softly to all their music, leaning her head closer to sawyer.

sawyer simply laughed and took the back roads home, hoping not to disturb the singing. robin leant over the console halfway through the drive home and began pecking her finger against the freckles on the boy's face. his grin showed right where a mole rested, his dimple caved in. she twisted her finger softly on his dimple and he let out a string of laughs at that.

"bird, tell me about yourself." sawyer demanded this lightly, twisting the steering wheel and drifting to the next lane absentmindedly. he straightened himself out nearly immediately.

"i like banana bread, cats, harry potter, and chocolate milk. i draw, film, and act cool when im not. there's not a whole lot about me." she shrugged at the end, humming back some lyrics.

"wouldn't believe that for a second."

snake and bird turned into the driveway and she rested a hand cautiously on his knee, smiling. "had a really nice time tonight, you know."

"wouldn't have hoped for any worse." sawyer smiled back and leaned across the console, hugging her. robin hugged back, arms around his neck, playing with a few pieces of his hair in the back.

finally they pulled apart, robin a giggling mess. she leaned across once more, kissing a spot on his cheek that would soon grow red and hot as he turned flustered.

as she made her way inside, he slammed his hands back down on the steering wheel and let out a gust of air, chuckling, before driving his way steadily back down her road. he kept the station she put on, even adding it to his preset.

Hi guys!! Tell me what you think of date night and if its a tad too rushed?? Idk. Also, let me know any suggestions or anything u think is gonna happen cause those are gucci as hell.