Chapter 1

Gemini let out an excruciating sigh before opening the cab door. She stepped out into the brisk Cheshire air, the freezing temperature piercing her skin through her thin jumper.

The clattering of her mother's heels against the tarmac was just as loud as the blowing wind. She scrunched up her face in disgust at the sight of her mother, with caked on makeup and red lipstick that made her out to be a clown. She wore clothing that only people who are bonkers would wear in England.

Gemini's tired body moved its way to the boot, collecting the suitcases she owned and ignored the protests of her Mother telling her to carry her bags. Gemini stopped in her tracks, her dreary green eyes following up to take in the large, creaky old house before the two girls. Gemini's bottom lip trembled, the tears threatening to fall as she continued to walk up towards the new home.

"Gemini! Gemini Grace!" Her insane mother yelled. Gemini continued on her way up the deteriorating wooden staircase to the front entrance. The platform she stood on seemed weak and brittle as she opened the white oak door.

She moved quickly inside, to avoid the fear of the platform collapsing underneath her feet. She let her suitcases fall to the ground with a thud, her breathing loud and exaggerated.

Ever since Gemini's family died in a tragic car accident, She had been moving from family to family, never having someone close to her, or even love her. She was someone who belonged to no one, but belonged to everyone, and someone who wanted everything, but had nothing.

So automatically, she knew what this experience and new home would feel like. She estimated staying here for less than a month before her new 'Mother' gives up on her and sends her back to the Orphanage.

Her new mother moved houses because her apartment was only fit for one person, so the cheapest house mother could find was this old, looming Victorian House. The house had no neighbors, and was detached from the town and by itself on primrose Hill Street.

The only reason this Mother took Gemini in is because of the monthly revenue she would receive just for sheltering her.

And quite frankly, making money in her sleep isn't enough for her to sustain her own self.

Mother stumbled in, struggling with only two bags.

"You're lucky I'm getting paid for this. If you don't clean up your attitude then I just might as well send you back. The only reason I'm taking you in is because they're giving me more money a month than I make in two." She snapped.

"Now take my bags upstairs." She ordered before taking a cigarette and placing it between her thin cracked lips smothered in red lipstick. Gemini didn't even glance at her, or even acknowledge her existence.

Gemini - Gem for short - picked up her bags, and moved up the creaking steps to choose a room.

"Gemini!" Mother's fading voice screamed. Ignoring her, Gem moved towards the attic bedroom, away from Mother. She placed her suitcases on the bed, taking in her surroundings. Everything was dusty, and definitely had the impression of a Victorian home. Porcelain dolls rested on the old webbed cabinet, and pillows that haven't been washed for centuries and had little children stitching on them lay on the window seat.

She sat on the small window sofa, looking out at the dreary weather Cheshire had to offer. Gem sighed to herself as she rested her head against the old wallpaper. She saw her faint reflection in the window as rain started to pelt down. Gemini's fingers touched the window, her mind lost in a deep train of thought.

While Gem daydreamed about what her life could have been like if her family didn't dissipate, Mother found her way into the master bedroom. The two girls didn't bother to engage as they both knew the outcome.

But what they didn't know was that they weren't alone. People accompanied and made themselves at home in this old worn-out house.

People, who didn't want the house to be occupied, people who didn't want to be bothered.

But out of the many spirits that consumed the house, one stood above them all.

"Harry, just give them time." Florence spoke in a panicked whisper.

"People need to understand that they DO NOT take residence in MY HOME!" Harry bellowed making Florence and the several other spirits watching from afar back away in fright.

Florence's shaky breath was heard as she took a glimpse at the horrifying yet beautiful spirit in front of her. He was engulfed with hate and pure aggression, his green eyes turning darker than black.

He could pass as a demon, thought Florence.

Harry looked up, hearing her fleeting thought. He smiled at himself, seeing the terror in Florence eyes as she looked down at the floorboards to avoid his darkened gaze. She mentally cursed herself - forgetting Harry's acquired gift to hear the thoughts of the spirits around him.

He sauntered towards Florence, her blonde hair falling out of place as she whimpered something like a soft sob.

His finger traced the outside of her face, towards her chin. He tilted her head back with his mighty strength, nothing compared to hers or any other spirit in the house. He forced her eyes to open, and look into the darkness that held nothing but hate, aggression, anger and pain.

His plumb lips separated as he lowly growled, the spirits acknowledging the fact that they dare not cross his path.

"A demon is nothing compared to me."