Memory of the beginning

It was the year 1995 and it was winter in  Sweden. Shin was 10 and Ami was 14 when they met, it was the coldest day that week and Ami was transferred into the school next to his.

"Hi! I'm Nanami Yanagi, i moved here from Tokyo, Japan. What's your name?"

She was  the only person who would dare to talk to him. She was sweet and cheerful, Shin didn't know why she would talk to a gloomy brat like him. But she kept smiling with her hand extended to his.

"Shinichi...okazaki"

That was the start of their relationship, even though she was in the middle school and  he was just a kid; Ami would  always visit him at the park he always hung at or they would walk to and back from school everyday. She was always cheerful and always telling stories about her life back in tokyo and what she ate last night or what her friend said to her. Shin would  gladly heard her with his occasional nods and  answers. Shin was like a cute brother and Ami was...well she was his first love. Ami knew it since he started to get very protective of her.

"Don't you dare hurt Ami-chan again!"

Shin shouted as he swung around at the bullies with a stick he found. Ami was an easy target for bullies, they would torment her at the back of the school where Shin could see. Ami, is a pretty girl even then; boys liked her and girls hated her for it. But every time she gets hit, she would just smile and laugh even when its no laughing matter. And every time Shin came to her rescue with his face scared and crying, he would always told her that he'll protect her.

"

I'll protect you! Even if i have to kick the biggest bully!"

He told her with such determination, it made her laugh and felt safe.

"What are you even saying...I should be the one who protects you"

She said between her laugh, Shin only could respond by wiping his tears and blushed. That happiness only lasted for a year until she moved back to Japan. Shin was depressed then, he was alone; even more after his mother committed suicide. It was hardest time for him in his life, after he too left for Japan he met Kyouko.

It was winter in Tokyo, Shin was walking back home from Kyouko's and it's past 2AM. The street was empty, only a few street walkers. Shin rubbed his hands together for warmth.

"Shin?"

Shin was surprised to Ami, she was dressed in black laced dress with a guitar on her back. She was smiling and once she knew it was him, she didn't hesitate to hug him. Ami grown up, so did he; she was taller but Shin was taller tan her and Ami look more beautiful than she is pretty.

"Ami?"

Ami laughed and nodded. He was in dazed and couldn't think. Ami kept hugging him and telling him how glad she was to see him. After their reunion, they often meet up after school and Shin would tag along to her band practices; they both liked Trapnest and Ren. Sometimes, Ami would teach him how to play the guitar. But at night, instead  of going home; Shin ends up at Kyouko's. Ami knew but she never said anything and Shin also knew she knew. Two years later, Ami finally went to Kyouko face to face and told her of. But Shin heard everything and pushed her away, they broke off there contacts and Shin only found out Ami left Japan after he broke off with Kyouko.