She needs him

Back at the dorm, Nana was furious and pacing back and forth in the living room. It was past 5AM and there was still no sign of Shin;everyone, Yasu,Nana and Nobu was still awake and waiting for him. He left so suddenly it worries them, even though Shin is independent;but Nana was mostly worried about Ami.

"What did her manager said?"

Nana asked exhaling smoke, Yasu checks his phone for a text.

"Shin found her...they're on the way back."

Yasu said putting away his cigarette. Just then they heard a downpour, they sat there playing cards to wait for them. Half an hour later they heard the front door opened and closed. Nana and the two went to see if it was them. Shin and Ami stood at the front door, drenched from the rain. Ami had her head hung low and Shin was gripping her hand, it was as if he dragged her home.

"Ami"

Nana ran up to them with worry; Ami raised her head and smiled meekly. Ami bowed her head to apologize.

"I'm sorry for worrying you"

"No..it's alright, we're glad that you're ok"

Nana said giving her a reassuring smile and a pat on her head. Without making any eye contact,Ami went to her room;dripping wet.

"Shin....what happened?"

Nana asked sternly, Shin walks into the living room and leans against the wall, waited for the sound of Ami's door shut before he explained. He explained clearly to the band, but not about the past; just about how Ami feels alone and misses him and he left out a few bits of their history for Ami's sake.

That night, Shin woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of someone knocking softly on his door. Shin walk up to the door and waited, the knock were getting softer and softer as if it was giving up. When the knocks were barely audible he hastily opened the door to see Ami, wide eyed in surprise. Her hair was damped and her dress was too; Shin pulled her to the bathroom and threw his towel around her. Her hand in his were shivering and cold; he touched her forehead with his. She was burning, but Ami was still not moving; as if she was an empty shell. Shin turn the shower on and strip her, at first she flinched but never resisted. When she got into the shower her shivering got worse, Shin panicked.

"You're burning up, i have to cool you down"

He explained, even though Ami didn't care. But seeing how she was shivering, he took off his shirt and embraced her for warmth. Ami calmed down after a few minutes until she felt tired that Shin had to carry her back to his room. He dressed her into his shirt and dried her hair, he never seen her so helpless and weak. She used to be his reason to live and a reason to wait for the next day to come, and now the table had somehow turned. She needed him.

"Shin.....Shin...."

She called to him in her sleep. It sounded so sorrowful, so desperate; it hurt him to see her like that. For the first time, he wanted to see her smile like she used to. Shin realizes he loves her, but his needs towards Reira were bigger and he couldn't help but admit it to himself. He felt guilty.