Backtrack

"Only second??? I told you t study hard but you never listen.."

"It's an honor to be second in my class mom I did my best and I got second.." I reason out with my mother

"Why can't you be like your sister.." She said again

I look at my report card..

I was so happy to know that I came second in our class standing I was thinking that my mom will be happy..

Guess I was wrong..

It's not enough..

I am never enough..

**

I broke to the surface catching my breath as I tried to stay a float.. That stupid Van pushed me off a cliff!!!

After I calmed down and steadied myself in the water I look around to see other people breaking to the surface, then I saw Van swimming towards me..

Even if I'm annoyed a smile formed my lips when he reached me..

"You ok Chance??" He asked, breathing ragged

"You pushed me!!," I hit him on his shoulder

I just earned a laugh from the stupid Van!!!

He grabbed my shoulder as he urged me to swim back to the shore..

We went to places I never thought I'll be seeing, hiking mountains, underwater caves, drag racing, parasailing, jet ski, scuba diving and now cliff diving..

One of this days I'm going to die because of Van and his adrenaline junkie friends!!!

When we reach the shore he help me stood up and handed me the towel..

"Thanks asshole.." I told him

He just smirked and pinch my nose..

"You know you love it.." He said as he pointed at some people jumping off the cliff..

I rolled my eyes at him as I walked towards our tent..

"But don't just push people.." I snorted at him

He gave me a sheepish grin..

I just shook my head as I handed him a blue Gatorade..

"I can't believe we're going back to the city tomorrow.." I said as I slumped on the ground with Van slumping next to me..

"Well we have to work to earn money.. Besides I have someone I need to see.." He said

I sighed..

Van I hope you're not hurting too much..

"Hey I'm fine.." He said when he noticed that I remained silent

"Elli got a boyfriend.." He said

I almost didn't hear him..

I held his hand for support..

At times like this I'm freakin' useless, I don't even know what to say to make him fell better..

All I can do is make him feel that he's not alone..

"Thank you.." He said, his head leaning on my shoulder

I can hear his ragged breathing..

I hope he'll be ok, he's been there for me when I needed him the most.. And I'm very much ok now than before..

I can look Vincent and Liliana in the eye and don't feel any pain anymore..

I'm free..

"I'm here.." I murmured