Chapter 7 - Allie

The second the kids were off to school, Patrick was sliding his arms back around my waist. He'd come to bed last night in a strangely good mood, which had of course, led to other activities. It had apparently carried over to this morning, as Declan had walked in on us practically making out in the kitchen, and now this. I had been standing at the window, watching curiously as Declan pulled his car out of the driveway, with his sister in the passenger seat. Patrick, however, was too busy attaching his lips to the side of my neck.

"Mmm," he hummed, a soft giggle escaping his lips. "Did I do that?" He ran his fingers gently over a dark bruise he had left at the base of my neck during the night. I shivered and turned to face him, smirking as I draped my arms over his shoulders. He leaned forward and bumped his nose against mine, smirking back at me.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the studio today?" I asked, biting my lip as my fingers played with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"Maybe. But I'd rather spend the day with you," he murmured, dipping his head into the crook of my neck. He kissed me gently a few times, making me tighten my arms around his neck.

"Trick," I gasped, tilting my head back so he could have better access.

"Mmm," he responded, pulling me up by my waist to hook my legs about his waist. He moved his lips back to mine then, carrying me back towards our bedroom. He stumbled once, catching me against a wall as kissing me harder after the gasp that burst from my lips against his. He held me there for a moment, pressing close against me and rolling his hips against mine. Last night had been slow and gentle, but this was different. This was something we didn't do half as often as we used to, mostly because of the two teenagers in our house, but also because we were getting older and tired ourselves out much easier than we used to.

Patrick, at the moment didn't seem to care. He tugged at the hem of my shirt and kissed his way down to my neck again, nipping playfully at my collarbone, and then he was pulling the shirt off of me right there in the hallway. The second he threw it on the floor, he was pulling me off the wall, burying his face against my chest as he carried me the rest of the way to our bedroom. Out of habit, he kicked the door shut behind us and laid me on the bed, standing back to undo the buckle of his belt. I sat up on my elbows to watch him, my heart racing as he dropped his pants to the ground and climbed back over me. Needless to say, our morning ended very similarly to our night before.

It was nearly noon when Patrick's phone began ringing, waking me from my afterglow daze. I lifted my head from Patrick's chest as he reached for his phone on the bedside table, but his other hand moved into my hair, played with it as I laid back down and he answered the phone. "Hey, Pete...no, I just woke up...sure...give me ten minutes, I'll meet you there...bye." He hung up and rolled towards me, grumbling sleepily as he pulled me tight against him.

"Studio?" I asked, my hands dancing over his chest.

"Mhm. Pete thought I slept in."

"He doesn't need to know otherwise," I giggled, earning myself a gentle kiss on the lips. Patrick hummed happily against my lips, groaning again as he had to pull away and roll out of bed. I watched lazily from the bed as he dressed himself and threw a hat over his messy hair, and when he finally turned back to me, I smiled at him.

He grinned and walked over to sit on the edge of the bed, leaning down to kiss me once more. "I'm not done with you yet," he whispered, nipping gently at my bottom lip before he pulled away completely.

"I hoped not," I teased back, smiling as he stood up again. "Tell the guys I said hello," I told him.

Patrick nodded and glanced at himself once more in the mirror, then kissed me goodbye and he was off. I collapsed back into bed again, sighing happily as I stretched out beneath the sheets. Without even bothering to get dressed, I reached for my laptop on the bedside table and turned it on, resuming my writing where I had left off the other night. I sat like that for a few hours, unaware of the day flying by. When I finally did move, it was because me phone was vibrating incessantly beside me, all tangled up in the bed sheets. I reached for it and opened a message from Patrick.