Chapter 10 - Silent Does Not Always Mean Deadly

A figure cloaked in metal plates stood overlooking the city. The wind was fierce, threatening his balance. He was right above a cliff, but that didn't scare him.

"How painful this existence can be. Knowing what will happen and yet being unable to change it is simply the worst."

He got ready to pounce forward.

"Oh well. It will only be a little while before my waiting is justified."

He looked up at the sun and judged its angle.

"My next appointment is approaching; I guess I better head out."

The man known as Prometheus leapt off the cliff, leaving a crater where he had stood.

No matter what you pull, Odin, I will stop you.

-----

"Hurry! This way! There's been a sighting in an alley!"

The three of us sprinted so fast that we almost tripped at every step. We had been searching for the suspect for several days now, covering almost the entire city in the process, and had found nothing. We had found nothing, but now, thanks to a tip from the information network, we had a lead.

I had memorized the city's layout and lead my squad members towards the alley in question. I dug my heels into the ground to stop myself. Ariel and Buddy collided into my back.

Ariel opened her mouth to complain, but I glanced back and motioned not to speak. "This is the place," I whispered.

The other two nodded. I held up three fingers.

3... 2... 1...

We jumped out into view. I held my knife tightly in my hands. An array of bubbles erupted from the space around Ariel and were held poised to shoot forward. Buddy's shirt came apart and formed a sword.

In the dark corridor in front of us were two things: a man, and a can.

The man was sitting down, but stood up as soon as he saw us. He wore a black suit, which clung to his body tightly to make as little sound as possible.

Buddy stepped forward. "Are you the one called the 'Passing Wind'?"

He looked stunned. "It's you three from before! I'm surprised that you managed to find me. What do you need?"

"I think you know exactly what I 'need'!" He charged forward with his sword raised high above his head.

"I guess it doesn't matter or not if you're involved if you come at me," said the man.

In that instant he vanished.

"Get back Neuman!" Ariel pushed me and I shot backwards, almost hitting a building behind me. "Stay there! This guy is a lot more dangerous than we thought!"

I saw him. He was just nonchalantly standing right in front of Buddy.

"Get him Buddy!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"I don't see him!" Buddy yelled back.

"What do you mean?! He's literally right in front of you!" How can he not see him?! Is this his power?!

Buddy looked down and darkness clouded his face. "Is that so? How far in front of me is he?"

"Like ten feet! Just swing at him!"

Buddy ran forward and swung his sword, but the man sidestepped the attack.

"Sorry," apologized the Passing Wind. He swung his arm down in a karate chop and swatted Buddy to the ground.