Chapter 13 - Judging A Book By It's Cover Is Like Judging A Man By His Wrinkles

A/N: In the media is the "official unofficial theme song" of Insomnia Wake: "Hysteria" (ヒステリ) by Nano! (Yes, it's in English) It's an awesome song, but since I know most people won't listen to it here's the chorus with emphasis on certain words:

It's every shameful fall, every mistake that I've made

These are the scars that have brought me where I am today

Another false conception that I fed myself to escape reality

The only lie I see is now inside of my head

The only truth slips through my fingertips in the end

Let me keep on dreaming as I watch the days just pass me on by

***

"Oh, you must be talking about Cuddles," said a gray haired old man, beard dropping to the ground as he leaned forward on a wooden cane. "He's a good dragon, but he's gotten a little too big for his pen. I remember when he was just a tiny little lizard, but they grow up so fast." He wiped a tear away from his eyes. "Makes me sad that you'll have to put him down."

You're one of those types to have pet crocodiles and not think about what happens when they grow up aren't you? "Err... Mr. Abel? May I ask you a question?"

"Yes you may, but I suspect that you won't have much time when Cuddles is out there rampaging." He croaked out a small laugh.

"Right... So why are you so old? Everyone else here is like a teenager or young adult here."

He waved his cane around above his head. "Teenagers these days! They don't know how to respect their juniors! I'm only eight years old I'll have you know!"

"Does that mean that you see yourself as an old man?" asked Marion. "I know your appearance here is based on your personal image of yourself and all..."

"Yeppers! I'm an 80 year old at heart."

Normally it's old people saying they're a kid at heart.

"Hey Mr. Abel!" said Ariel. "Does having an old body have any drawbacks?"

"Nope! I'll have you know that I'm an able old man."

"Sorry to be the downer here, as I'm normally not, but I'm pretty sure it just uprooted several trees out there," pointed out Kayson. "We should probably stop it before it hits any place that's inhabited."

We all nodded and ran out of the small house.

"Be gentle with Cuddles!" cried the young/old man.

We kept running until we caught up with the thirty foot tall monster. There were trees laying on the ground and the remnants of a stone pen in ruins. The massive black lizard flapped its wings and roared at the sky.

How did Abel keep such a powerful blightmare confined for so long?

"Here we go!"

Buddy jumped high into the air and formed two twin blades with his shirt's fibers. He swung down from above and the blades collided with the monster's scales. The dragon batted his tail at him and sent Buddy flying.

"So this is monster to be reckoned with for sure then." Marion gritted her teeth. "Don't play around you two, be serious!"

"Easy for you to say!" yelled back Bishop, who was busy... walking around and touching rocks?