Chapter 2

Jack decided he could stand this no longer. 

“Wind! Take me to the Tooth Palace!”

Jack Frost was lifted up, and was blown straight to the mountainside. He blew in through an opening, and landed upon a gilded platform.

“Tooth? Ya here?” He called out.

“Over here Jack! Oh, bicuspid, 23rd Maple Street!!” She called out to him and one of the baby teeth. One of the fairies darted over to him. 

“Hey, Baby Tooth. How are you?”

She buzzed out a little squeak of a response.

“Um, okay. Show me to Tooth?”

The little fairy he had rescued years ago flitted off, showing him to his longtime friend, the Tooth Fairy. She was flitting around excitedly, calling out teeth names and addresses.  

“Jack! How are you?” She said, blushing a little. She had had a crush on him since they met. 

“I’m good. How are you?”

“Oh, same as usual. What brings you here?”

“Well I was flying over a small town today, and I sorta knocked a girl over by freezing some puddles. When she stood up, she walked right through me. But, when she did, I felt warm. Like, really warm. She sent, like, a spark right through me. That’s never happened before. Not even when Jamie first saw me. Is this normal?”

“Hmm, I don’t know. Let’s ask the others.” 

She sent out an alert. And within minutes, Santa, Bunny, and Sandy appeared. After Jack explained what happened, no one had an answer. That is, until the Man in the Moon flashed over Tooth’s crystal. 

“Are we getting another new guardian?” Bunny asked, exasperated. “No offense, Jack.”

“None taken, Kangaroo.” Jack smirked. Bunny just glared. 

“Let us see.” Santa replied, attempting to break the tension. A blue image flicked above the crystal. 

“That’s her!” Jack cried. “That’s the girl!!” He watched, mesmerized, as wings sprouted from her back. “What could she possibly be?” 

Then, the image wavered, and spilt in two. The second was a darker shade of blue. The darker of the two cast a shadow that morphed into Pitch, then back to her shape.

“Is she related to Pitch? I thought we beat him.” Sandy signed with sand above his head. 

“Oooh! Is she a fairy?” Everyone looked at Tooth. “What, it would be nice to have another fairy around. It gets lonely, being the only girl.”

“But how do we talk to each other? She doesn’t believe. I know. She couldn’t see me, or touch me.” Jack trailed off.

“Touch you?” Bunny smirked.

“I was trying to help her up.” Jack blushed. “She slipped and fell.”

“Well we just try to make her believe!” Santa cheered.

“But, how? She’s a teenager. How do we make her believe that any of us are real?” Jack was beyond confused.

“We’ll figure something out. I know we will.” Sandy signed reassuringly. 

Jack continued to stare at the crystal image, comparing the two wavering girls to the girl he saw earlier. How could she be related to Pitch? He was swallowed by his own nightmares, pulled down the rabbit hole. She seemed so, innocent. Is she related to Pitch? Jack was determined to figure out just who, and what, she was. Each Guardian scattered, as it was close to Christmas, and North was getting anxious. 

************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Wow! I can't believe this actually got some reads! Sorry for such a long wait, school and dance really caught up to me. Depending how many reads this gets, I may post more this weekend.