Chapter 12

Eyes gently blinking open, or at least, he thought they were. Jack shook his head, trying to rid himself of sleep-induced terror. Visions of Ivy getting beat up and tortured ran though his mind, causing goosebumps to dance along his skin. He was still chained up, and as long as he didn’t move much, he was okay.

“That’s funny,” Jack spoke to the darkness, “I could’ve sworn...”

He held as still as he could, and yes, he could hear something. It was soft, almost like the gentle, even breathing brought on by sleep. 

“Who’s there?”

Silence.

“Bunny?”

Silence.

“North?”

Silence.

“Sandy?”

Silence.

“Tooth?”

Silence.

“Ivy?”

A gentle, half-asleep groan.

“Ivy, please, wake up. It’s time to get up.” Jack whispered frantically into the darkness. 

Another groan. “Mom, five more minutes...” 

“Ivy! Come on, please, wake up!”

“Jack? Is that you?”

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“Jack, everything hurts. I can’t move.”

“Um, where are you? I can’t see you!”

His eyes adjusted, and he spotted the blonde curled up in the corner. She twisted a little, obviously in pain. He discerned a patch of dried blood above her eyebrow, and along her jaw.

“Ivy,” he breathed, “what did they do to you?”

“Katelynn, she beat me.” Every word was a challenge, her battered body curling in on itself. 

“Angel, do you think you could make it over here? I’m right over here...” Jack’s heart broke a little as she cried out, trying to make her way to him. After what seemed like and eternity to the two, she had crawled over to him, and was resting her head on his lap. Her familiar warmth spread throughout his body, breathing energy and life back into his limbs. Jack cast his gaze down at her body. Ivy’s eyes were closed, and every breath seemed easier.

Ivy could feel Jack’s warmth spread into her bones, knitting her cuts, bruises fading. Her lungs expanded fully, allowing deep breaths. Her eyes opened, green meeting blue. Unexpectedly, a laugh left her lips. And another, and another, until they were both full-out laughing. It died down once they realized they were still trapped in the dark. Ivy sat up, leaning on one hand, the other in her lap.

“How are we going to get you out?”

“I don’t know, how are you going to get him out?”

The two started, Ivy turning around to face Katelynn.

“Well, sis, it looks like you’re all better, huh? Quite the predicament you two are in. What to do, what to do...”

Ivy moved subconsciously to cover Jack, lest Katelynn decided to fight. Her movement didn’t go unnoticed though.  

“Oh, how cute. Trying to protect your boyfriend.”

“He’s not, He’s not my boyfriend.”

“Oh, okay. Then you won’t mind if I take him then.” Katelynn snapped her fingers, and Jack was on his feet, falling into Katelynn at the sudden movement. He frantically looked around for Ivy, and his heart sunk when he saw her in his place. Her hair hung down, covering her face. Ivy threw her head up, hair flying as she struggled against the heavy black metal. 

“Oh hon, don’t try to fight it. You’ll only get weaker. Now, Jack, I’ve got some special plans for you. Come along.” Katelynn’s smile was twisted as she grabbed Jack’s arm and disappeared. 

*A/N:  second chapter today what what? enjoy guys! idek how many more chapters this story will have so..... yeah. see ya round!*