Chapter Nineteen

"So, why does Ryan wanna see us?"

I stared at Astrid as we entered the sports hall again. "I have no idea." I spotted Ryan in the centre, with a girl standing beside him. It was my ex-girlfriend. "Heather?!" I exclaimed, chuckling as I ran over to her, scooping her into a hug.

We were both laughing as I placed her back on her feet. "I'm a Shifter Harry." Heather smiled.

I grinned. "What grade?"

"3. What about you?"

I shrugged innocently. "No idea. I was gonna ask him about it." I gestured to Ryan who was no longer beside Heather. I turned, seeing him talk to Astrid at the entrance. She looked upset.

"I wonder what grade you are." The sound of Heather's voice made my head snap back to hers. "Imagine if you were Grade 2, or even Grade 1!"

"Yeah," I laughed, "that would be pretty cool." I winced, hearing a door slam shut. I heard Ryan groan as he came back over to us. "Where's Astrid?" I asked, looking around.

Ryan glared at me. "If you wanna know, go find her. But I'm warning you, she's pretty pissed."

"She's always pissed," I retorted. "I'll be back. Heather. Ryan." I nodded at each of them, leaving almost immediately.

I found Astrid in our English class. We were the only ones in there. I quickly shut and locked the door, not letting anyone in. Astrid was slumped in the teachers chair, resting her head against her hand. "What?" She snapped, not even looking at me. "What do you want?"

"Why did you storm out?" I asked, moving closer. Astrid didn't answer, I moved closer, now a few inches away from her. I knelt down, looking up. "Astrid, why did you storm out?" I asked with a much softer, quieter voice.

Astrid huffed, pushing her bangs out of her eyes. "I just needed some air."

"So you came to another room and didn't go outside?" I raised an eyebrow. Something was definitely going on and she wasn't telling me. It was kind of pissing me off.

"Yes," Astrid snapped, "a cold one."

"What's wrong?" I demanded gently.

Astrid shot to her feet and shouted, "Nothing's wrong!" She pushed past me, banging her shoulder into mine, leaving the classroom.

I started to growl, calming myself as I ran and caught up with Astrid. She was heading back to the sports hall. "Woah Astrid, hold on." I grabbed her her arm, stopping her. "Tell me what's wrong."

Astrid ripped her arm out of my grip. "I told you, nothing's wrong. Just leave me alone." She started to walk off again but I was too fast for her. Within a second, my arms had wrapped around her waist and I picked her up, holding her bridal style.

"Are you going to tell me now?" I looked down at Astrid in my arms.

"No, because nothing is wrong!" She pushed herself out of my arms and onto her own two feet.

I caught up with her again, stopping her just before she entered the hall. I gripped her arms. "Astrid, come on. Tell me what the fuck is wrong with you."

Astrid tore her arms back to her sides. "I told you! Nothing's wrong!" She entered the Sports Hall, slamming the doors in my face.

I couldn't deal with her at the moment. If she didn't want to tell me what was wrong then fine. Why should I care anyway if she doesn't want to tell me?

It had been about ten minutes before I finally decided to enter the Hall. I saw Astrid with her group of friends. I stared at her back as I went over to the twins and Flynn. The Coach was explaining the Shifters world to Scott and his 'friends'.