Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Ella's pov

"Hello!" Said the person I only knew as Katheryn through the phone.

I politely said hello back and introduced myself as Ella, she told me to call her Katy and I did so.

There was an awkward silence after our introductions, I didn't know what to say and I don't think she did either.

Finally she asked "so how's it going? You must have a lot of questions, feel free to ask away!"

I told her it was going well, that I had kind of in a way accepted my parents death and that I was happy living with Sophie and Sam.

I wanted to ask her so many questions but I didn't want to offend her or make it seem like I was prying, after all she was a complete stranger. I finally came up with some basic questions, I asked "so katy whereabouts are you living?" She replied simply with "la."

I couldn't really think of anymore questions so I asked her if she had any questions.

Katy's pov.

I had so many questions to ask I wanted to know everything that had happened in the 15 years that we had been apart! I asked her back the question she had asked me earlier "whereabouts are you living" she replied with "Montana" I knew that area code on the phone was familiar, john lived there! In fact, she lived quite close to john. She then said she had to go eat dinner and that she would call me soon or that I could call her.

It was so Weird hearing her voice, I had never heard it before, I started to wonder what she looked like, did she look like me?! This made me want to see her in person despite the fact that she would see who I was, but I didn't want to be too pushy so I would leave it up to her to bring it up.

....A week later....

Ella's pov

"So how's it going with Katy" Sam said as she sat down on a chair in my room.

I was lying on my bed with my nose in a book as usual, "good" I said "we've talked a couple of times, she seems really nice, I kind of want to meet her but I don't want to trouble her. I mean she lives in la, which is pretty far, maybe I'll bring it up in our next call? I don't know"

Later that night I decided to ring Katy and talk about possibly meeting her.

I dialled the number with I slightly sick feeling in my stomach, I didn't know how she would react, would she even say yes?

Katy answered "hey els how's it going?" She said.

she called me els now, she said Ella was too formal.

"Good how about you? Do you you time to talk" i said

"I'm good and yeah sure what's up?" Katy replied

"I was just wondering if you know it would be possible to maybe meet you? Like in person? But if you can't that's totally fine, I mean your busy and your pretty far away."

Katy quickly responded, hearing the panic and nervousness in my voice, "I was thinking it would be nice to meet you too!" She said excitedly

"I just--" she stopped herself

She then went on saying "it might just be a bit difficult, I mean I want to meet you and I'm free next week but there's something I need to tell you..."

She stopped, sounding afraid of saying what was following, so I interrupted "how about you tell me when you see me?"

She agreed and continued on to tell me where and when we could meet.

We were going to meet up at the house that she was staying at which belonged to a friend at about lunch time. I thought this was a good idea as I wasn't really a morning person and she said she wasn't either. Like mother like daughter I guess.