Chapter 14

Katy’s pov   

i woke up and stretched then slowly made my way out if bed, I’m still so tired.   

i walked down the stairs and into the kitchen looking in the fridge for something to eat but there wasn’t much to choose from so i grabbed some juice. As i was about to sit down i heard knocking at the door and walked over.   

“Hey Ang!” i said as i embraced her   

“Hey! how have you been? it feels like forever, i hate when you travel!”   

“I’m good, i always am once i’ve been in Japan, what about you? how’s married life?”   

“it’s great!” she said but then paused and there was an awkward silence   

“i need to talk to you about something, can we sit down?” she asked and i started to feel a tad uneasy but took a seat on the couch with her anyway  

“what is it? is everything ok?”   

“yeah, everything is fine i just wanted to talk to you about Ella” she said looking slightly guilty   

“what about Ella?” i said getting slightly defensive   

“well um she called me earlier and she was talking to me about how traveling was and i guess she didn’t enjoy it because she asked if she could stay with me instead of going to London”    

i took in the information then sighed in defeat, why hadn’t she just told me?   

“she really said that?”   

“yeah, she did, and i said i was ok with it and that i’d talk to you about it for her because she was scared that you would get mad or upset”   

“i guess i am a little upset, but i just want her to be happy, even if it isn’t with me” i said looking down at my hands as they suddenly became interesting, i felt like i had failed as a mother. She didn’t want to be with me.   

“that’s one of the things she talked to me about on the phone. She said that she wants to be with you but when you guys are traveling you’re always busy and she doesn’t get to see you anyway”   

“i guess if that’s what she wants to do i’m ok with it then, i mean i trust you to look after her but i just wish she could be with me. I’m going to miss her so much Ang”   

“i know you will, she’s your little girl but you won’t be gone long right?”   

“a few days” i said starting to feel a little bit better about all of this   

“see that’s not that bad! you can still talk to her on the phone or Skype her so it’s not like a few days with zero contact”   

“you’re right, but are you sure you’re ok with looking after her?”   

“of course, she’s my niece! id love to spend some time with her!”   

“ok, thanks Ang” i said as i leaned over and hugged her   

“so should we go tell her? i think she’s upstairs” i said feeling a bit nervous about all this again   

“yeah that’s a good idea”   

we walked up to her room and i knocked on the door before i opened it and sat down next to her on the bed   

“hey mum, hey Angela, what’s up?” she asked with her cute little smile, I’m going to miss that so much   

“hey sweetie, we were just talking about traveling and how you wanted to stay with Angela instead, is that still what you want?”   

“yeah” she said looking down at her hands i grabbed her hand comfortingly and tried to see if she was ok   

“it’s fine sweetie, you should have just come and talked to me about it, i wouldn’t have gotten mad i just want to make you happy and if staying here is what does that then you can stay”   

“wait, are you serious, you aren’t mad?” she asked with a shocked look on her face   

i giggled at her expression then replied “of corse not sweetie! Ang said it’s ok and we can still contact each other. You’re right that it wouldn’t have been very different to you actually being there, i guess it was kind of selfish of me to make you travel round”   

“it’s not selfish mum! i wanted to be with you too and i think ill come if it’s a long trip but these little short trips where you’re busy the whole time are really not that great for me”   

“ok, i kind of see how this plan could be beneficial to the both of us now, why are you so smart!?”   

“i think it’s genetic” she said grinning at me then laughing, i heard Angela laughing in the background and turned around   

“look after my baby ok?”   

she nodded and smiled in reply then walked over and brought us all in to a group hug, squishing me in the process   

“hey mum?” Ella mumbled as she was being crush by me and Ang   

“yeah?”   

“can we have pizza?”   

i laughed at how obvious it was that she was my child then replied “is that even a question?”