Chapter 12

Ella’s pov 

I walked into the house after school and went straight up to my room  got into my pyjamas and into bed, i don’t want to deal with this day anymore. Emma and i were sort of dating for about a week and i really trusted her so i told her about Katy and about everything but then she changed, she stopped asking questions about me and having normal conversations with me, all she cared about was things do to with Katy. I confronted her about it today and she didn’t take it too well and now I’m worried about what she could do with the information, but most of all I’m upset that i lost a friend, well someone that was more than a friend to me. I don’t think Katy heard me come in, i wish she did, i wish she would come up here and just hug me but on the other hand i don’t want to explain to her what happened, i don’t know how to explain it and what if she gets mad that i told someone? My eyes slowly started to close, tired from the steady stream of tears that had been falling for the past ten minutes, i didn’t fight it i let them close and fell asleep. 

i woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on the bed-side table, i looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Katy calling, which was weird because she could just come up here and talk to me. i pressed the answer button and held the phone to my ear. 

“hello?” 

“Ells! are you ok!?” 

“yeah, why?” 

“well then why are you home?!” i could hear the concern in her voice 

i laughed softly at how silly this was 

“why are you laughing?” 

“Katy, I’m at home, I’m upstairs in my room”  

the phone went quiet and i heard footsteps coming up the stairs so i hung up the phone and placed it back on the bedside table. 

Katy opened the door and walked in 

“I’m sorry, i didn’t hear you come in sweetie, why didn’t you come and say hello?” 

“it’s ok and i don’t know i just wanted to go to sleep i guess” 

she must have sensed the mood i was in because she walked over to my bed and sat down next to me 

“what’s wrong?” she said as she starred into my eyes which were probably still bloodshot from crying. 

“nothing” i said faking a smile 

“i know that that’s a lie and i understand if you don’t want to talk about it but I’m always here for you to talk to ok? you can come to me with anything, i can help” 

she moved her eye contact from me to the wall in front of me and sighed 

“what?”

“it’s just, i don’t now, are you happy here? i want to make sure you’re happy, it’s all i care about and this past week you haven’t been your usual happy self” 

i sat up a bit and looked at her 

“Katy! i am happy here, and I’m so grateful that you let me move here. I guess there’s just some things going on at school that I’m not particularly happy with at the moment, i wish i didn’t have to go” i sighed 

“oh, ok. well what’s happened at school?” 

“nothing, it doesn’t matter” 

“well it’s upsetting you so it does matter sweetie” 

“you’ll get mad if i tell you and i don’t want you to be mad at me right now, i need you” i said looking down at my hands 

Katy shuffled closer to me and put her arm around my shoulder “I’m not going to get mad, i promise and I’m always here for you, even if I’m mad. what is it?”