Chapter 13

Ella’s POV 

it’s a tuesday morning, meaning that i didn’t have to get up early for tutoring and that Katy was working so who is ringing the door bell? and how did they get past the gate? i got up and put my dressing gown on then made my way to the door to see who it was. I looked through the window and was surprised by who it was, i opened the door. 

“hi John”  

“hello, is Katy home?” 

“no, she’s at work” i swear i could see relief in his eyes as i said that

“ok, would you mind if i came in and got a few things that I’ve left here?”  

“of course not, come on in” i said as i moved out of the way so he could come inside, shutting the door behind him 

“it’ll just take me a sec, ill be back” he said as he made his way up the stairs and i made my way into the kitchen to make some breakfast  

i finished my cereal and put my bowl into the dishwasher, john still hadn’t come down and i was starting to wonder what he was doing but i didn’t want to intrude, even though we got along pretty well now. 

i started to make my way up to my room to get changed but i almost crashed into John as he came down the stairs fairly quickly 

“everything ok John?” 

“uh yeah. I’ve got everything so I’m going to go now, thanks for letting me in” 

“no worries” 

i thought he was just going to walk past me and leave but instead he pulled me into a hug then continued down the stairs, it was so weird! but i just went up into my room and got dressed trying to convince myself that it was nothing. 

A few hours later it was early afternoon and Katy was going to be back soon, she started and finished early on tuesdays. Things were good with her at the moment, i called her mum occasionally and she always had the most amazing smile and look on her face when i did, i love that i can make her so happy. 

I heard the door start to open and i ran over to greet Katy with a massive hug 

“Hey sweetie” 

“hi mum” i said as i giggled and squeezed her 

“what’s with all the hugging” Katy asked giggling now too 

“i just missed you while you were at work that’s all” 

“you’re so cute” she said as we moved away from each other and started walking towards the kitchen 

“how was work?” 

“it was good, just finalising all the plans for Australia and Japan then i had a fitting for some of the outfits, they’re pretty amazing” 

“that’s all so exciting”  

“and it’s even more exciting because you’re coming with me now!!”  

“i know! i need to start packing!! how many days is it now?” 

“three!” 

“EEK” 

Katy walked over to the fridge and pulled out a water “you want one?” 

“no thanks” 

“I’m going to go upstairs and get changed into more comfy clothes then do you want some help packing?” 

“yeah! meet me in my room once you’re done” i said as we both began making our way up the stairs and into our rooms 

i went into my wardrobe and pulled out my suitcase, putting it in the middle of the room and then opening the lid. I went back into my wardrobe and began pulling out some jeans, shorts, shirts and dresses and laying them out on my bed so i can make some decisions. It has been about 15 minutes and Katy still hasn’t come in, i was starting to get worried. I walked out of my room and to her door, it was shut, i opened it a bit and then peered in i couldn’t see her anywhere but then i saw her body curled up on the bed. I saw her body shudder, she was sobbing,  i quickly walked over to her.