Raven Fate Rebirth | Chapter 6

Eclaire was somewhat pleased with the formation of the Alpha Trio, for it brought the whole team together. Ryana was close friends with Grell and Ronald, Naze had her brother and Serenity had her twin, all of which were brought together. That only left Snow and Eclaire. Eclaire had no problem adapting to all of them while keeping her authority.  Snow just knew Eclaire very well and went along with her. Snow and Eclaire were what Eclaire joking called "Team Omega", opposite to Ryana's team name.

Eclaire met Snow during her brief training under William. When Madame Red died, she was introduced to Grell and Snow at the same time and then she met Ronald while she acted as his trainer for a short while. What Eclaire truely marveled about Snow was her ability to put up with Grell; Eclaire got a headache just by looking at him. And while Eclaire was quite familiar with Snow's origins, Snow truthfully knew nothing off Eclaire's origins. She was okay with that but sometimes it sent her thinking about what could have possibly happened to make her not speak of it. The little information she knew was that she was subclass demon called a Siren and was friend's with Lord Lucifer's daughter, Ashlyn V. Mizuken.

But Snow had her suspicions. She didn't come without some curiosity. The ash-haired girl wondered why Eclaire kept files hidden in her office that were truly supposed to be in the Archives. Snow had only gotten a peak at them before her friend returned. She vividly remembered the words 'Violet Plague' on the pages.

If she remembered correctly, the Violet Plague was a series of methodical murders carried out in Victorian France. The perpetrators were a human male with a demon accomplice. There was some debates about what really happened (The demon using the human or vice versa) between the two societies, but eventually the argument was aborted and both sides just stuck to their own opinions stubbornly. The Raven was a alias for the demon used, which happened to be a siren. The identity of the Raven was never revealed.

As far as the United Underworld Society files go (Snow had not read the United Kingdom of the Upperworld files of the event.), It was human having control over the Raven, which made some sense to Snow. If a contract was made between the two speices, the demon is inclined to do his or her biding in exchange for their soul at the end of the completed deal.

The identity of the human was revealed to be Sinclair Delven. He was a twelve year old boy by the time it began and looking young at the age of  twenty-four by the time it ended. His own motives were simple enough; Kill everyone who ever did him wrong. Sinclair practically grew up with no parents and with no relatives to take care of him, he was looked after by his servants for seven years of his first twelve years of his life. As far as it is known, His parents were mysteriously killed by a duo of 'spirits' or 'gods'; One in blue and one covered in red.

The two main players in this event were Sinclair Delven and this mysterious Raven, but there was a third that the Upperworld didn't hesitate to bring up. Her name was Ashlyn V. Mizuken, the daughter of the devil. Ashlyn was merely doing her soul contract agency job, as she said on her testimony, with Delven and she was unaware of what really was going on. Eventually her eyes were opened and she helped the Raven get away and backing out of her own vows, causing the loss 'Veil of Invisibility' ability. The girl now wears a simple blindfold or some blacked out goggles to retain her form.

But back to the subject of Delven, he was supposed killed when the 'Plague' ended in 1885 but his death turned out to be false. His true death was in 1888 by assassination by an unknown Underworld Society member. The soul was never collected nor found, till one day at least two centuries later it showed up in the hands of Eirith Nosvitche who mindlessly turned it in.

Snow suspected due to her relations and similarities that she was the Raven in the Violet Plague. But instead of confronting her about it, Snow talked to her of other modern things such as cell phones, computers, and Ipods while Snow also tried to introduce her to new things (that did not usually end well.). Eclaire just simply cared for the old fashioned ways and items such as books, written works, non-digital clocks, and carriages or walking. She certainly did not like cars (Oh how Snow remembered that scene). In other words, the other woman did not adapt very well to modern human society, but she was disguised fairly well. Currently, Snow just waited to hear of other news as life carried on in the society.

While Eclaire was beginning to get bored as time moved on. She was especially getting bored with the usual reports, certainly the late one from Ryana (She was certain that girl had ADHD). She couldn't deny that she wasn't fairly satisfied with how things were going, but she wasn't fully satisfied either. Office life just simply wasn't her, but she hated living in war. The raven-haired woman finally thought she got just what she needed when that letter arrived with that seal; The one with the Mizuken Star.