Raven Fate Rebirth | Chapter 9: Part 1

A/N: I've decided it will be in parts. Five to be exact. Because if its just one chapter, it will be annoyingly long and repeatitive.

Ashlyn stood up from her seat and walked to the middle of the patio and everyone else followed suit. Ashlyn went over to hug Eclaire with her signature smile on her face.

"Hey, Auntie E. Its been awhile, huh?" She asked hugging the taller one's waist.

"Yes, It has been quite some time Ash," She replied. Everyone was surprized at Eclaire; no one evr touched her or you'd end up as mince meat. But on a few occasions, they saw Eclaire give half-hugs and light hand shakes to Ronald, Grell, Snow and sometimes William. Ashlyn stepped back and into the of the yard. In a brief flash, Daydream and Nightmare (Her two daggers) were in the holsters on her belt. Ashlyn slowly removed Daydream. Daydream was pure silver with devilish writing engraved all over on the blade, and was shapped like a giant fang. The handle was black with tattered cloth wrapped around it and atop the handle was a grand medium sized ruby. Nightmare was exactly identical except it was curved to the right while Daydream was curved to the left. She walked over to the left side of the yard and began to draw a mark on the ground.

"This is how this will work," She began as she carved into the ground. "I'm drawing a pentagram on the ground. After i am finished, I will be able to activate it and conjour monsters, demons, and shadow creatures."

"Oh my god. You mean you just draw that symbol and you become a devil magican and shit?" Ryana asked. Ashlyn paused and put her finger to her lip in thought. Then she nodded and resumed her work. "Yeah, Pretty much."

"Then you, obviously, defeat the creatures. Its just a simulation; meaning i can call it off at any given time if nessecary, so you won't be in any real danger. But i don't suggest risking yourself."

Ashlyn stood up and crossed to the oppisite side of the pentagram. She held out her arms before clapping her hands together while muttering encantations in devilish. When she finished, red erupted silently from the symbol making the whole thing glow and it became engraved with devilish writing. A dark substance began to form, oozing slowly like tar. Pretty soon it began to take solid form as two red lighting bolta circled around the power source. Then the light vanished instantly, leaving only a faint glow in the lines of the pentagram. Ashlyn lowered her hands and turned to them, all seriousness left her face vanished and her smile returned.

"And there you have it!" She said advancing towards Ryana. Ashlyn removed Ryana's coat, which showed her usual, rather revealing outfit on her body. "Now, all you need to do is destory it!"

She pushed Ryana into the yard towards the newly born creature. The redhead stumbled a few steps before regaining her balance. She then switched into hunt mode and assumed her battle stance. The black solid ball had grown features by now. Its twitched a bit before standing up to its gianormous height. It looked at Ryana, who was tiny in comparison, with its magnificent violet eyes and roared ferociously that enough force to knock Ryana backward if she was off-guard. But she was on full alert. Ryana didn't bother to fix her hair and just replied with confidence.

"Man, Ever heard of tooth paste? Your breath reeks," She insulted.

Dorssell looked up at the dragon from the side. "Onyx Spiked-Tail: Teen-aged, height is about 80 feet. No individual arms, combined with the wings.Easily provoked. Attacks mostly with its tail and fire," He reported.

Ashlyn smirked. "Right, you are."

The Onyx Spiked-Tail angrily slammed its tail to Ryana's current position, which she barely dodged with a last minute side step. She nochantly shrugged.

"Alright, but you can at least use breath freshener."

Ryana snapped her finger together and a black sword holster appeared over her shoulder. She pulled a katana out and ran her fingers along the blade. The katana was a silver blade with a dragon engravement that was slightly crimson along the blade. The handle had crimson and Indian yellow cloth wrapped tightly around it, but the colors were nearly faded and worn and the handle had two royal red tassels. Ryana swung her her sword casually over her shoulder and gave a mischivous smile, revealing her growing shingami teeth. "I think its time for your dental appointment."

The Onyx Spiked-Tail hurled its tail towards her again, but this time instead of dodging Ryana sheilded herself with her sword above her head. The violet-spiked tail rebounded off the sword and Ryana used this time to get closer to the dragon. The dragonblooded girl leaped up onto the tail. The tail acted as a path towards the dragon's body as she ran along it. The dragon saw her coming and breathed a heavy smoke, black like obsidian, to prepare its purple flames. Ryana coughed at the sudden polution of her air, but she just stopped breathing in response. As a young shinigami, she didn't need air.

"You know," She coughed. "Its not really smart--,"

She twirled her katana around once, setting the blade ablaze, then slicing the air to cause a reaction with the gas. The obsidian smoke turned into a mad, hungry inferno causing quite a sight. But it didn't matter, Ryana's body was immune to fire.

"--To give you enemy a field advantage!" She yelled triumphantly. The flames continued to engulf the beast as the immortal did a perfect slice through its face. The Onyx Spiked-Tail's roar died as its black blood spewed onto the ground. It hit the ground with a deafening thud. Ryana nimbly on the ground, looking straight ahead of her.

"See? That wasn't so bad," Ryana said smiling a full smile as the dragon carcass faded into ash and back into the pentagram. Her sword was coated in black blood from the dragon. Ryana gave it a few flicks to get it off.

"Nicely done," Ashlyn said clapping. "I can now see how your abilities work. Though later i would like to test your physical strength."

Ryana put the sword back into the holster and dismissed. She bowed slightly. "Xie Xie, Miss Mizuken."

Ashlyn shook her head. "Please, I want everyone to call me Ashlyn," She asked of everyone. She knew it was way better to make friends rather than enemies strategically. She turned to the timid girl with the beret.

"Naze, I would like to see you next," Ashlyn said, extending her hand out to the other.

A/N: Cut. Chapter 9: Part 2 - Naze's battle.