Raven Fate Rebirth | Chapter 5

"Hey, Naz?" Ryana asked  her new friend.

"Yes, Miss Ren-I mean, Ryana?" Naze asked stumbling over what to call her. She was still very unused to having a true friend.

"What does philosophy mean?" Ryana asked as she looked up from the thick book she was attempting to read. Naze gave her a weak smile and explained what philosophy meant.

Over the first week of July, Ryana began talking to Naze more wanting to become friends. They were complete opposites, Ryana being loud and social whilst Naze was quiet and shy, but somehow it worked. Naze soon discovered Ryana's other conversations with Ronald and her difficulty to read. Ryana knew how to read but not big words or complicated sentences. She would often read aloud a sentence aloud several times to understand a sentence or ask what a word meant. At least she can read, Naze thought. Ryana also gave her nicknames such as Naz, Blue, or Wings (Naz was the most used). The navy girl was out of her shy stuttering shell with Ryana and Ronald as her speech began to become more fluent.

Serenity, on the other hand, could've been the personification of envy. Serenity had never had 'Friends', unless you count her snake named Serguei,  it was just too hard for her. From her past, she had learned to not trust. The people who she thought she could trust left her broken. The violet eyed girl never let down her guard and was somewhat cold, aloof, and seclusive. It was impossible to have a good friendship with someone with her walls up. Envy was indeed her case.

"Oh, I see. Xie Xie, Thank you Naz!" Ryana thanked her.

"No problem," Naze said shaking her head smiling. Then the smile was gone completely off Ryana's face, so Naze stopped as well. "Is-is something wrong?" She asked. Did i do something wrong? She asked herself.

"Don't look now, but Solkolov's watching us," Ryana said discreetly as she casually picked up her book again. Out of the corner of the short haired girl's eye, she could see what Ryana said was true before Serenity adverted her attention back to her book.

"Maybe it was nothing..." Naze whispered.

"I don't think its nothing. Its been going on all week long," Ryana said before calling out the other girl. "Oi! Solkolov! What is it?! Do i have something on my face?!"

Receiving no answer, Ryana got up and strode over to her spot with Naze cautiously following. Ryana stopped and put her hand on Serenity's shoulder causing her to flinch. Not wanting Ryana's hand to stay there, she said something to acknowledge her.

"Privet, Renolds."

"Nihao, Solkolov," Ryana said back.

"Anything you wanted?" Serenity asked.

"Maybe," Ryana said blowing a bubble with her gum. "So, whatcha readin'?"

"History of the Hellian Language."

Ryana looked at the page intensely. It was written in Devilish, another language with a completely obscure alphabet, and her reading problem didn't help. Her brow furrowed in confusion. After awhile she gave up.

"Don't understand~~!" She said in a sing-song voice and Serenity hit her head against the bool. Ryana snatched the book and attempted to read it again while Naze bent down to whisper in Serenity's ear.

"Ryana has a reading problem. She can only read really well in Chinese...N-Not so much in other languages..." Naze explained. "I don't even think she knows Devilish"

 "I-I could help her learn.." Serenity said softly. Ryana stopped what she was doing and dropped the book then tackled the emotionless girl into a hug.

"Really?!" Ryana asked excited her eyes sparkling with delight.

"Ack! Yes! Just no touching!" Serenity said struggling against her hug and how unusual it felt. Nobody ever hugged her before. Ryana released her and gave a mischievous laugh.

"Alright! We're going to be the best trio ever!! The Alpha Trio! Alpha, Alpha all the way!" Ryana yelled triumphantly.

Serenity was fuming and struggling to get away from the yelling redhead when she realized something. For the first time she had a friend who wasn't an animal. Even if Ryana was an idiot and was probably going to be pain at times, she was her friend. Naze was her friend now too.

Friends put up with each other right?