Chapter 1 Hate at First Sight

"Hurry up Jane!!" Annabeth called from downstairs.

"Hold on,I'm almost finished." Jane said zipping her bags. She took one last look at her room,she look at the frames hanging on the wall,the paintings in her room and the beautiful flowers from her window. She's going to miss her home, she's going to miss the peaceful and quiet surroundings,she's going to miss the sound of the birds chirping on her window,she's going to miss her friends,she's going to miss everything. Jane sighed heavily then go downstairs. She see Annabeth staring at her.

"You ready?"

"Annabeth,I don't think I can go with you,I-"

"Jane we talked about this."

"I know but-. I don't need to go to that Camp, this is my home."

"Jane, I know it's hard for you to take all of this. It's not safe for you here. But please give me a chance, I can't risk to lose you. Just like dad..." Annabeth sighed deeply.

*flashback*

Annabeth's pov:

It was a sunny day, we we're at the beach. I remember that day, it's just dad, me and Jane. We we're so young and didn't even care about the world or people around us. Dad, jane and I was always a team. We're always beside each other, no one can tear us apart.

I was splashing water at Jane, giggling watching dad teach Jane how to paddle. Jane was a fast learner, she knows how to manage at a very young age. Very clever.

I try paddling and paddling looking how far i can go, suddenly I notice the waters going deep and I look at Dad and Jane who is meters away. I try kicking my feet but no use, the waves are pushing me away, next thing I know I was flailing my arms.

"Dad!"

"Dad! Help!" All of a sudden my head was submerged in the water.

Dad noticed and swim as fast as he can, calling out my name.

"Annabeth! Where are you?"

Dad swam under the sea and noticed me struggling.

"Annabeth!" She called out my name. He try as soon as possible to get me out of the water but then it started to rain. Dad was struggling to swim, one arm on me and I notice how dad is eager to get me out, to save me.

"Almost there sweetheart, come on paddle with daddy"

"You can do it, will make it. Little more."

"I can't daddy."

"Try. Don't lose hope."

As far as I know we made it but as soon as we get in land dad was already gone. Gone. I'll regret it, how I lost my favoutite person in the world, my hero.

*end of flashback*

"Alright" Jane force a smile.

The two hoped into the car and drive off. The two stayed silent. Jane coughed.

"Uh-hem"

"Huh? What?"

"You're so quiet. What's up?"

" nothing" Annabeth sit back and remember the thoughts that's running in her head.

"Hmm right"

Annabeth grip the stirring wheel tight and focus on the road. Jane leans her head on the window humming.

"How far is Camp House Blood anyway?" Annabeth laughed.

"Camp Half Blood."

"Yeah,whatever"