Chapter 12 Capture The Flag

"WHAT? Are you kidding me? You can't be serious.." Grover exclaimed, nearly spitting on his drink. I threw my hands up and groaned.

"I am serious, Grover. Seriously, what's wrong with it? You'll just teach me, you'll just serve as my trainer, teaching the basics and mechanics, the pros and cons, what to do and what not... It'll be a piece of cake," I said nonchalantly.

"Look, as much as I want to help you I can't, I'm sorry," My face fell, Grover is the only one I can that can help me get through this thing. I was quite upset- but then again I'm not letting it go that easily.

"What? Why? If you think I'll be a hard one to handle then you-" Grover interjected.

"No, Jane it's not about that. But just think about your sister. What if she finds out about you fighting? She'll go crazy! And let's be honest here, there's a huge possibility that she'll kill me if she ever find out about this,"

"She doesn't need to know! What she doesn't know won't hurt her, right?"

Grover shook his head. "Your sister is one hell of a girl and someone not to be messed with."

"Oh, c'mon. My sister isn't that bad,"

"Not that bad, yeah whatever," He mimicked my voice, his voice imitating that of a schoolgirl's voice. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I do not sound like that," I said pointing a finger at him.

"Yeah, yeah..."

"So is that a yes or a yes?" I teasingly wiggle my eyebrows. He pondered for what seems like hours before making up his mind. "Alright then, I'll train you,"

"Really? Thanks, I owe you one,"

"You sure did,"

*****

"Oi! Clarisse!" Grover waved his hands in attempt to catch Clarisse's attention. "And that calls for a break," She shrieked at the people, who I assume just got off training. The people parted their ways and went to the opposite direction. She shot his head up in our direction and walk towards us. She crossed her arms, gawping at both of us.

"Well...well...well, look who finally showed up. Care to join the queue?" Clarisse scoffed, arching a brow at Grover.

"Funny, look I- we didn't came here to blab and argue about y-"

"Oh and you must be.. Jane, right? Annabeth's sister?" Clarisse pointed at me, ignoring Grover's statement. I nodded slightly. Grover groaned.

"Hm, another demi-god. Interesting. I guess this makes us cousins then?"

"I guess," I shuffled awkwardly. I don't know but I had this strong feeling about her, just that I can't fathom what it was. She really got on my nerves.