Chapter 10

Niall's pov

We arrived at the lake and walked towards the boat. "Ladies first." Kylie giggled and carefully sat down before me. I rowed us out to the middle of the pond and opened the picnic basket. "We have a slice of chocolate cake, apple pie, a package of Oreos, and m&m's."

"can I have the cake?" She asks as I hand over the dessert on a plate and a bottle of water.

We finish our treats and I row to the opposite side of the pond. I get out first and help Kylie out. We walk to the top of the hill and lay down on the ground. "There's so many of them" she gasps, referring to the stars.

"They're beautiful" I agree.

"Look! Did you see that!?" She points to the sky.

"No I missed it.. What happened?"

"There was a shooting star!" She grinned like a little girl on Christmas. I examined the girl beside me. She's so beautiful yet quite young. She's had to deal with so much shit and I just want to hold her every night in my arms and sing her to sleep. Kiss her like there's no tomorrow. And tell her that if she's with me, no one will ever hurt her again. I want her to be mine.

Kylie's pov

I looked at Niall next to me, to find out he's staring at me. My cheeks heated up and he chuckled. "You're beautiful, you know that right?" He asks. I can't help but grin at his kind words. "Kylie?"

"Yeah Niall?" He stands up and helps me up. He puts a hand in his pant pocket, the other runs nervously through his hair. "You okay?" I ask, slightly worried on what he's so nervous about.

"Yeah.. Umm" he scratches the back of his neck. "Kylie, I really really like you. I think i might love you, actually. And erm... I was wondering... If you want to maybe be my girlfriend?" He runs another hand through his blonde locks. Niall takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. I walk up and kiss the tip of his nose.

"of course I will." He lets out the breath he was holding and embraces me in a big hug.

"Oh my god I thought you were gonna say no and I got really worried and--" I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.

"I don't get why you would be nervous to ask me" I giggle. He shrugs and crashes his lips onto mine again, his hands resting on my hips. My arms wrap around his neck and pull him closer so our bodies touch. He pulls back and rests his forehead on mine.

"Lets get back to the bus,yeh?" His voice is quiet. I nod and he takes my hand in his.

In the car, my head rests on his chest as he plays with my hair. Before I know it, my eyes slowly drift closed.

*

"Just let her sleep" someone whispers.

"No. That wouldn't be any fun" someone else whispers.

"You guys are so mean" another voice whispers. I'm guessing that's Liam, the only sensible one, whispers.

Since they're planning on pranking me, I'll prank them. They do think I'm still asleep, so it should work.

"Okay, on the count of three... One.. Two.." Then I opened my eyes and yelled "ah!"

All five boys jumped back in horror, grabbing their chests. "Bloody hell!" Louis gasped. "You scared the shit outta us" Harry took a deep breath.

"So I did scare you,like..really,really scared you, right?" I ask. Receiving five nods, I smirked to myself. "Sucks to suck" I shrug and walk to the fridge, searching for something to eat.