Sonic: Greenwood Highschool

~~~~~~~~~Sonic: My First Night in a New Place~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh." I flop down on my sleeping bag, completely exhausted by the multiple plane trips I had to go through today. It's hard to believe we had to travel for so long just to get across the darn country; I can't believe all of the flight transfers we had to go through!

Sighing, I know that living here, in the country, will be a far cry from the city I had been raised in. Oh, well, I think, at least the moving truck is supposed to arrive by Friday. Then I'll have my guitar and bed. Sighing again, more happily this time, I look over at my little brother, Tails, who's lying on another sleeping bag.

Well, he's legally my little brother. Sometimes I wonder how we weren't born brothers, because we get along perfectly. Tails is ten, and I love him more than I have ever loved any of my friends. He's a fox, with two incredible tails that allow him to fly like a helicopter (hence the name). His real name is Miles Prower, but I've called him Tails ever since I met him, and he loves his nickname. We met seven years ago, when I was nine, and we hit it off despite the large age difference. I'm really glad we did, because Tails' parents (Cardinal Prower and Lily Prower) adopted me, getting me out of the foster care system. Now I live with them, and we moved as a family to this little town called GreenWood today because Mom and Dad were sick of the city. They say I'll have a lot more room for running here...

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Sonic "Maurice" Prower, and I'm sixteen. I have the ability to run at supersonic speeds, which is my namesake. Tails just calls me Sonic, and so do our parents. The only time I'm EVER called Maurice is when I'm in a LOT of trouble. That doesn't happen very often, but it's not unheard of. I don't remember my original parents from before I was in foster care, but I've found a pair in Tails'.

My thoughts interrupt my internal dialogue, taking priority. I can't believe we just got here, and I have to enroll in highschool tomorrow. That's SO not fair! I think, complaining to myself. If it was up to me, I would stay here and unpack instead. Then, at least, I could make sure none of my things were damaged. Oh, well, at least it's a Tuesday night. Only three days of school to suffer through this week!

Laughing to myself, I wonder what kind of kids go to GreenWood highschool. Even if the kids aren't, I sure hope the teachers are nice. There's nothing like trying to pass a subject when the teacher seems bent on failing you... Shaking my head, I grin at the ceiling; If there's one thing I've never had a problem with in my life, it's making friends. Almost every teacher I've ever had seems to have loved me, even if they were a bit annoyed by my energetic personality... Yawning, I roll over and start to fall asleep. Might as well be well rested for tomorrow...

~~~~~~~~~~~Sonic: Greenwood Highschool~~~~~~~~~~

"Sonic! Tails! Wake up, boys!" Mom's voice floats towards me from downstairs, jerking me from my sleep.

"Ugh... 5 more minutes..." I groan, refusing to open my eyes to confirm it's morning.

"Don't you even think about going back to sleep, Sonic!" She calls, and I regrettably sit up. Grumbling, I mumble my response.

"Too late... Already considered it..." I yawn, trying to rub the sleep from my eyes. Blinking into the morning sunlight streaming through the window closest to me, I try to kick-start my brain. It's way too early to be getting up for school... How does Mom get up this early all the time? I wonder, thinking about how our Mom keeps a rigid early waking schedule. I can't even think of one time I naturally woke up before she had breakfast on the table... But then, maybe that's just my internal breakfast alarm refusing to lie to me.

"Sonic!" I glance over to see Tails bounding out of the bathroom, his toothbrush in his mouth. "Come on! You don't want to be late, do you?"

"Of course not!" I respond brightly, happy to see him so excited about his first day of middle school. "I assume you're more than ready for your first day?"