- Chapter 3 -

"Bye!" I say. "Thanks for the presents!" I call out to everyone from inside.
"Bye! See ya! Thanks for the invite!" Everyone calls out at Peeta and I.
We look through the door frame and see hovercrafts lined up in front of our house to transport our guests back to their districts. All of the hovercrafts have a large number painted on to it, "4's, 7's, C's". We wave at everyone, hoping they get home safely, although it only takes around 1 hour for the 7's, 2 hours for the 4's, and 3 hours for those from the Capitol. I take my arm off Peeta's shoulder and kiss him softly on the cheek, then walk past him back into the house. I walk into the kitchen, pick up the half eaten cake and place it into the fridge. I fling open the door, to see my mother siting on the couch, sorting out something on a holo, which has been placed on our coffee table. Squad 451 used to use these when we were on our journey to take over the Capitol. After Boggs died, he gave his holo to me and made me run the group. Unfortunately I blew it up to kill all the lizard mutts that killed Finnick in the sewer. But it was totally worth it, because I would've died by then.
"Mum!" I say worried. I sit down next to her, trying to figure out what she's doing. She shuts the hologram as soon as she recognises me looking over her shoulder.
"Sweetie, I've prepared a..." she stops. "honeymoon for you and Peeta." she looks up at Peeta and smiles. "So, what's going to happen is I've called up President Paylor and organised the Tribute Train to take you...and me...from here...to the Capitol!" she says excitedly.
"Mum! That's awesome!" I say.
"Thanks, Mrs Everdeen!" says Peeta.
"No problem you two!" she says. "But, you can only go on one condition," she adds.
"What?" we say in unison.
"I get to organise everything for you. That means no helping, Katniss." she stands up and stretches out her back, as I go to take her holo. I slide it carefully into the case. Then mum whacks my hand and it falls to the floor.
   "What was that for?!" I exclaim, picking it up and placing it onto the empty pillar near the door.
She looks at me and raises her eyebrows, "No helping!" she says.
"Starting from now." I say with a smile. She smiles back at me and picks up the holo, zipping it into the case and putting it in her pocket.
   "So when do we get onto the train?" I say.
   "Tomorrow, 5:00a.m, sharp." she replies.
   "Can we bring the kids?" Peeta asks.
   "Willow is old enough to come as well, but Rye will stay with Annie. I figured it would be great to see those two get along, rather than picking out tuffs from the carpet and making a collection underneath a chair." says Mum with a smile.
   "Then it's done!" Peeta says.
   "Let's go then," I look at Peeta, "I'll tell Willow to pack clothes." I kiss Peeta on the cheek, then mum on the forehead, and walk down to Willow's room.