Alright?

In the hallway, me and Danny both walk side by side to our lockers. We've been doing this for a week.

"Hey, Jean?"
"Yeah?"
"I was thinking we should do something together." Danny smiled his sweet smile. But I don't know what he means. We do a lot of stuff together.
"Like what?"
"Go to the park, the zoo, the movies, anywhere."
"Alright." His smile seems worn out. Is something wrong? "So, what do you want to do?"
"How about we go to the park after school today?"
"We have play practice after school today."
"Oh yeah. We have practice all week don't we? Then the show is this weekend. Well, how about after the show on Sunday afternoon let's go to the park?"
"Alright?"
"Oh, thank you."

He grabbed my hand and bowed his head on it. "Thank you, thank you so much."
"Danny, are you alright?" His head snapped up and stared at me for a few seconds. Then he smiled meekly.
"Yeah, I'm okay." I was right. Something is wrong.
"You sure?"
"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about me. Alright." He hugged me. I won't push him to tell me, but I don't like how he's acting. It's making me worried.
"Don't push yourself. If somethings bothering you, you can always tell me." His hug felt like it was getting tighter.
"I'm so sorry..." He sounded like he was holding back tears.

He took a deep breath, grabbed my hand, and we continued to walk. "We're going to be late for practice." I stop and his hand gets a small yank from my stop. He looks back to me.
"Danny, what's going on?"
"I promise, I will tell you. Just not today. Please."
"Alright."

We go to practice, during the times I wasn't rehearsing, my mind wouldn't stop worrying. I kept humming along to the songs being sung on stage. I know something is wrong.