Promising

Danny's P.O.V.

I've been stuck in this car for two hours. Now we have to ride on a plane the rest of the way. I haven't said a word to anyone since I woke up this morning.

I sit at the window seat and stare out of it. My brother sits next to me.
"You okay?" I'm really not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. "You really miss her. Don't you?" I nod my head, still staring out the window. "You can probably text her when we land. Mom and dad aren't going to stop you from texting her. They can't really stop you."
"Dad took my phone and deleted her number." He face palmed himself.
"Why are our parents paranoid about you being friends with someone that they don't know? They never asked her if she was a Christian."
"She is, but they don't trust her."
"I kinda understand. I mean you disappeared from the house when you were sick just to see her. You scared us half to death. You know I can forgive and forget. But you know they can't."
"I know." I can still hear my parents yelling from that day.

Then I hear a song, sung by a sweet voice.
"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters. Wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wonder. And my faith would be made stronger. In the presence of my Savior." I have heard that voice all year. It echoes in my mind. I promised myself, I would go back. One day I'll go back, and I'll hear that voice. I'll see that smile. Until then, Lord, she is in your hands now. Protect her, keep her safe, happy, and keep her faith strong as it has always been. Amen.

I said a silent prayer in my head. Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters. Wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wonder. And my faith would be made stronger in the presence of my Savior. I hum Oceans, having the song playing in my head.

A few hours later, we landed and I enter my new home. It's a nice house, it's big. The movers won't be here till tomorrow, so we all have to sleep on the floor.

I promise to go back.