CHAPTER 1: Unpleasant Beginning

June 3, 2013

3:00 pm

"Need some help?" I turned to see Zayn with an evil grin, his hands still on my waist.

I knew it was wrong to flirt with one of my brother's best friends but who could resist those gorgous brown eyes?

I smiled back. "Sure." 

"Just tell me what to do." he grinned.

He pulled me a little closer and I pushed myself back, thinking it was going a little too far.

"Here," I handed him the lettuce, and knife.

"Start cutting." I ordered. He gave me a crooked smile, sat on one of the stools and began cutting the lettuce.

Mean while, I went to the fridge and brought mayonaise, bread and turkey. We starting putting the sandwiches together,

"So, why don't you tell me about yourself?" I suggested.

Zayn shrugged. "There's really not much to tell." he looked up at me. His big brown eyes piercing into mine.

"Okay, Then, lets play 20 questions." I offered.

"How about thirteen?" he asked.

"Why thirteen?"

I handed him a sandwich, and he stuffed it with lettuce.

"Thirteen's my lucky number and i'll take that as your first question."

I nodded,"Okay, I guess I'll start, then."

"Go ahead." Zayn said, stuffing a sandwich with lettuce.

"What's your full name?" I asked.

"Zayn Javadd Malik." he smiled proudly.

"Is that German?" I asked curious.

"Nope, Pakistan. Three so far." he smiled.

I handed him another sandwich,"Okay, what do you think of american accents?"

Zayn stopped mid stuffing and looked up, "There eh....cute?"  he forced a smile.

"Now your honest oppinion?" I suggested.

"Okay, they're weird. But i like your voice." he offered.

I nodded, "Good anwser."

Zayn shrugged, "I try."

"Ethnicity?" 

"Half white half Paki." he said, his beautiful accent ringing in my ears.

"Mmmm, okay. Do you like chocolate?" I asked.

Zayn smiled, "I suppose, but only milkshakes otherwise it's disgusting."

I gave him a look, but continued. "How old are you?" 

"Twenty." he responded, proudly.

I nodded, "What do you miss most about home?" He paused for a second and i could tell he was thinking hard.

"All the red buses." he suddenly replied.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, those things light up the streets. But here, there's none." Zayn said, a look of sadness crossed his face.

"Do you really want to go to the ocean today?" I asked.

Zayn shrugged, "I do, but keep a secret for me?"I nodded. "I lied to your parents, i have no idea how to swim.