CHAPTER 12: Wendy's and Breakups.

11:54 a.m.

Tour Bus

June 25th, 2013

"So, you and Zayn, eh?" Liam said. I felt my heart skip a beat. My breath got short, and I had no idea what to respond.

"I- Uhm, no." I stuttered.

Liam smirked, and took a seat beside me on the bed. "So, you're telling me there's nothing going on between you and Zayn?" 

I shook my head quickly, "Not at all."

"So, that kiss...Meant nothing? Just a friendly peck?" he asked. What was I doing? Lying to my best friend in the world?

"Yes." I said, my voice small. Liam grew closer to me, his face meerly inches from mine.

"Just friends?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yes."

Liam smiled, his amazing eyes twinkling. "So, if I kissed you right now, it would mean nothing? Because we are just friends."

I barley managed to nod. Was he going to kiss me?  He leaned in, and I held my breath. Then, he burst out laughing.

"Oh, Gawd. You should have seen your face! You were terrified!" Liam fell to the floor, shaking with laughter.

I finally managed to breath again."You're an idiot!" I said, throwing a pillow towards him. He dogged it, only making me angrier.

Liam finally stopped laughing, "I was just kidding Joyce. But do answer me this...am I really that terrible? You'd be afraid to kiss me?" Suddenly the atmosphere got serious and I felt my palms get sweaty.

"You're a jerk, but I'm gonna answer your question truthfully. No, you're not horrible. You're just such a great friend, I'd be afraid to lose you."

Liam nodded, "You're sweet. And since we are practically best friends...what's the number on rule in friendship?"

I shrugged and said the first thing that came to my mind, "Honesty?" 

Liam nodded.

I sighed, Liam was too smart. "Okay, Okay. I'll tell you the truth..."

Liam nodded, indicating me to go on. He took a seat in Harry's bed across from mine and I felt my throat go dry.

"Zayn and I are like...boyfriend and girlfriend." I immediately regretted saying this when Liam didn't reply with a smile.

Liam scratched the back of his head, "Well, I wasn't expecting that..." 

"You just saw me kiss him, what where you expecting?" I asked.

Liam shrugged, "Maybe an 'I've been drinking' excuse, but definitely not this..."

I sighed, "I'd expected you'd react differently."

"Well, what do you want me to say?" he asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe an 'I'm so happy for you', would be nice."

Liam didn't look happy for me. He seemed stressed and a bit confused. It frightened me.

Liam was usually the guy who would always be excited for everyone. Except this time.

"Well, I just can't picture you and Zayn together." He responded.

I was confused now, "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, Zayn is awesome and I guess I'm happy for you both. But I'd always picture you with someone else." he declared.

"Like?"