Chapter Five

A/W: Short chapters, I know. To be honest, I, when I'm writing, use chapters more to seperate events and add tension. I use them for effect. I don't really structure them extremley well, so while one may be long af, the next maybe only a couple of pages. Bare with me.

I don't know how it happened. I knew what I wanted. I wanted Demario. Just in this moment. And I always get what I want.

He pushes me down onto the blue covers of his bed. His aunts house is nice. It's very similar to Mikayla's. He pulls my legs around him. His body is hard and defined in all the right places. He kisses down my neck, and then before I know it his hands are tugging at the waistline of my school skirt.

No. What am I doing?!

''No..'' I breathe in between kisses. 

''No, Demario!'' I push him off me. 

''What the fuck?'' He adjusts his shirt. 

I shake my head.

''I'm going.''

I run out of the house. I need to go somewhere. 

Nadia.

I dial her number. It dosen't ring for long, before her voice answers, ''Hello?''

''Hi, Nadia! Listen, I know we don't usually chill out of school, but I've had a really shitty night, like, I can't even explain. Kayla isn't in. Could I stay at yours tonight?'' I ask.

''Sure, Kyla. Katie Reef is having a party tommorow night as well, you can come if you like?'' She offers. She is so kind. I couldn't have made it clearer than she is my second choice, and she's still as sweet as anything. I wish I had that quality. Instead I seem to push people off. It's like an automatic defense mechanism to save myself from getting hurt.

I don't even bother telling Nadia about my mum drinking, the Gary thing, or even what happened with Demario. I could only ever talk to Mikayla about shit like that. Nobody else. I don't talk, really. She dosen't ask, though. She understands me, to be fair. More than most girls at my school, anyways, jesus. 

Nadia lives in a nice, middle class area, about half an hour walk away from the Moss side estate near Kayla and Demario. It's a nice change to the usual scenery, I suppose. Her family are perfectly odinary - both her parents work, and she's got a little sister and a little brother who both attend the local primary school. Her mum makes us jerk chicken (her mum is fully Jamacian, and her dad half) while we try on outfits for tommorow. I can't help thinking how much funner this is with Kayla, but like I said, it's still a massive relief to do something so odinary with an odinary girl to escape the madness of my life at the moment. 

I only brough the clothes which were already in my bag; a pair of dark blue jeans and a white belly top with a plunging neck line. 

''Sorry, but this is probably the most un co-ordinated outfit ever. I'm going to have to buy something.'' I yawn, twirling in the mirror for the hundereth time. 

''You sure? You can borrow something of mine.''

''Honestly, Nadia it's fine.'' I insist. A lot of money is transferred from my dads bank to my own every month, which embarresingly I waste on shoes, food, taxi fares, alcahol and a whole lot of clothing. It's nothing new. 

''But at least it would save you running into town tommorow. Then we'd have all day to get ready.'' She says. 

I glance at my watch. I was actually planning on odering something offline and ticking Next Day Delivery, but it's too late for that now anyways, as it's just gone 11PM. I sigh.