Nothing

Amari's P.O.V.

The wind wips my hair back and I smile; I'm finally free. The stunt with the lightning was a little risky, seeing as how along with all the idiots in the Justice, I was still standing on metal. Last time I tried to channel lightnng on metal....let's just say, I didn't want to do that again.

I was able to absorb the lightning and block it, like I would do with fire. It surprised me that the firebenders could not absorb it as I did. That alone is a simple skill. I hadn't meant to knock all of them out either. Just the real threats.

I had managed to break all the planes but the one I used to escape. That was kind of risky but a little risk has never stopped me before.

I landed the plane easily. Fortunately for me, nobody exept Kyra knows that I'm friends with an old war veteran. He taught me how to fly when I was nine and I've never forgotten.

I can feel myself start to run, faster, and faster. I reach a break in the trees and what I see stops me cold.

_____________________________________

Mako's P.O.V

I crawl into the mouth of the cannon and throw the switch.

BOOM!

It shoots me forward and I can feel the explosion in my chest as I fly through the air.
The wind whistles past me and I start to feel cold. Strangely, I'm not scared of falling. I feel a sense of freedom that I've never felt before.

I look back, fighting the wind. The airship speeds away as I start to fall. Looking forward again, I see a huge mass of black smoke rising right where I was heading. I spiral towards the ground at breakneck speed.

As soon as I break through the tress, I shoot a huge jet of fire out at the  ground and my head snaps back as I jerk to a halt in midair. Slowly, I let the jet of flame recede until my feet hit the ground. Then I start off towards where the smoke is coming from.

I run through the forest until I hit a deer trail then I strike off on that. The smoke got thicker the farther I ran, but I still I kept on. When I startedto think Ill have to turn back from lack of oxygen, I burst out of the forest and into the town, or at least, what was left of it.

The whole village was in flames. Buildings filled up with smoke, people running around, screaming.

Did Korra do this? I wonder praying that she hadn't. i looked helpelessly through the smoke and the red haze looking for Korra but I didn't see her. Where did you go?

Suddenly, it hit me. I don't know how I could have been so dumb. I look at all the smoke and ash burning in my way, and I think, Hey, I'm supposed to be one with the element right? Well, fire, lets see what you got.

I take a deep breath and sprint directly into the flames. I run as fast as I can toward the far edge of the village and the  change direction and start going left. I jusmp over a burning piece of lumber and into a clearing.

In the middle of the clearing, I see a small, lone figure kneeling in th center of the clearing. whichlooking around, I see used to be a building or a house. Then I realize something.

This was Korra's house! I am shocked that Amon not only probably killed Kyra, but he set fire to her house and doomed the whole village too.

I run over to Korra and i put my hand on her shoulder. I grab her chin to force her to look into my eyes.

"Korra!" I shout over the roaring of the flames. "Come on, we have to get out of here!"

SHe shook her head hard jerking her head back from my grasp. Tears and sweat were streaming down her face and I could see the stains on her back. "Ive got nothing left." She sobbed. "No freinds, no family. Nothin."

I grab her shoulders and shake her hard. "Hey!" I shout. "You are not alone in this! You might not have any family left, but you sure as hell have freinds. Now, are you going to come with me, or are you going to be buned to pieces. The choice is yours Amari." d

She looked at me and I smile. "Kyra told me. She'd want you to live, she'd want you to fight. Help me stop Amon. Please." I was begging now. This wasn't part of my plan. Begging? Had I really stooped to this? "We can't do this without you, Avatar Amari."

She looked at me and smiled. "Fine. But onone condition."

I sighed. "You hopeless child." I mumbled. " And what might that be?"

She grinned. "Its not Amari anymore City Boy. Its Korra. Avatar Korra."

She stood up and pointed through the smoke at the sunset. "I parked the Sato plane over there!" She shouted. "Let's go stop Amon."