CHAPTER 1

Juliet's POV:

"Hey Juliet! How are you?" Gio asked me.

"Um, Gio?" I asked confusingly.

"Yes?" he replied.

"Why are you talking to me?" I asked.

"Because I love you" Gio said back with a smirk.

"I don't understand!" I said.

"HEY WAKE UP!!" a voice said. I looked around then the voice said again--
"WAKE UP!!!"

I opened my eyes. It  was all just a dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"GOOD MORNING SIS!!!!" my sister, Jan said.

"UHH!!" I screamed.

"Why? Having those dreams again about Gio?" Jan said with a smirk.

"Yeah! It's bugging me so badly." I said putting my pillow on my face.

"Look..." Jan said putting the pillow on her lap... then she continued.
"It's part of life. Just accept the fact that LOVE is part of life" she said emphasising the word 'Love'.

"I know it's part of life but it's something different." I said getting up from my lying down position.

"Then what is that 'SOMETHING DIFFERENT' thing?" Jan said emphasising the words 'Something and Different' again.

"When I see him I feel different. When I feel scared, embarrased or shy... when I see him I get confidence. You know I don't understand okay." I said looking up as I closed my eyes.

"Ok sis, I understand you. You feel comfortable when he's there by your side, because you Love HIM!" Jan said then suddenly mom opened the door and said...
"What's this love, love I'm hearing? Come on Juliet take a bath now and get dressed even you Jan! We're going somewhere."

"Where!?" Jan asked excitedly.

"Somewhere. It's a secret." mom said with a smile.

"Don't you remeber what's today?" Mom asked with her eyebrows up.

"It's December 24, 9:51 am?" Jan said just looking at my digital wall clock.

"Ok, so you know it, it's almost Christmas." mom said smiling.

"Yeah, only 14 hours and 49 minutes left." Jan said putting her arms on her waist.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah are you going to take a bath or what?" I said looking at her crossing my arms.

"O, sorry po!" Jan said as she extended her arms at the sides and bent her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get in the car now Jan. Your sister and I have to talk for a minute." mom said leading me to the dining table.

Jan closes the door.

"So, why do you need to talk to me, Mom?" I said confusingly.

"You're going to have your 18th birthday soon, just 3 months to go." Mom said.

"Yeah, I know, and?" I said smiling.

"And, you would need to have someone to dance with, with the 18 roses, and the last rose would be someone your willing to dance with." Mom said. "Most of the roses would be your uncles and cousins, but there are 2 empty slots left. So, who would you want to dance with? I need a final answer in 3 weeks. I'll give you time to think about it."

"Um.. ok" I said mumbling.

"MOM! DAD SAID HURRY UP CAUSE WE'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SOME REASON I DON'T KNOW!!" Jan screamed outside the car door.

"Ok, coming sweetie!" Mom said back.

"Juliet, I want you to think of this seriously. Not just a joke, and don't wait for the time that I have to fix up the party is when you'll just choose." Mom said to me putting my chin up and kissing me on my forehead.

I just nodded, and we went to the car saying nothing to each other.

_________________________________________________________________________________