Chapter 12

Special POV chapter

Iceheart's POV:

Her tail throbbed painfully, pulsing through her. Her body shook and trembled, freezing cold despite the warm body around her. Blackleap's ice blue eyes kept watch over his sister, sighing worriedly as she slipped in and out of consciousness.

"The infection is getting worse." Flamefur muttered, her golden eyes glistening from the darkness. "We have to do something."

Blackleap muttered from where he lay around Iceheart. "If you haven't noticed already, we're prisoners."

Flamefur growled angrily, her tail lashing. "I know that!"

They were interrupted by two grey toms stalking into the prison, their faces expressionless. One tom hauled Blackleap to his paws, shoving him away. The black tom snarled. "Hey!"

"Shut it!" The tom growled, turning to Iceheart. The two Dark Forest warriors grabbed the white she cat and started dragging her out of the den.

"No!" Blackleap yowled, leaping to attack the two toms. Another Dark Forest warrior leapt in his way, pinning him down.

Iceheart whimpered and tried to wriggle away, but her attempts were so weak she barely made a difference as she was dragged out of the den and across the clearing. "Stop.." She cried, her entire body throbbing in pain as the two toms dragged her into the forest. "Where are you taking me?"

"To be executed."

Iceheart's heart stopped beating for a moment. "W-what?!" She squeaked, struggling more. "N-no!" She tried to kick at the two cats, trying desperately to break free. She earned a sharp blow to her head, quickly shutting her up.

"Be quiet." The white tom snarled, letting her drop on the ground as they came across a small dip in the ground.

Iceheart tried to crawl away, but her body was rigid with fear. The two toms grinned joyfully as her struggles, sitting calmly back to watch their helpless victim.

The grey tom stalked towards her and bared his teeth. "Alright, enough of this. It's time to-" A blurr of grey suddenly landed on his back, slamming him onto the ground with great force. The strange new cat then turned to the next tom, his dark green eyes shining as he attacked the white warrior.

Iceheart stared at the grey tom as he stepped back from his two kills, and she whimpered softly. He looked down at her, his face showing mild interest. "Hey Whisper." He meowed. "Mind lending a paw?"

A blue she cat suddenly appeared beside the grey tom, her purple eyes glowing. She neared Iceheart, causing the white she cat to try and shuffle away in fright.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you." Whisper smiled reassuringly, edging closer, a paw outstretched and glowing purple. Iceheart let out a gasp as she pressed her paw to her flank, and a sudden warmth spread throughout her body.

Iceheart found herself melting into the warmth, a small sigh of relief leaving her lips. The pain was finally lifted, she felt better again. But how? What had Whisper done to her? Who were these two cats?

"What's your name?" Whisper asked, her ears pricked.

"I-Iceheart.." She meowed, glancing at the two.

"I'm Whisper, and that's Taylor." She smiled. "It's a good thing we found you when we did, otherwise you'd be dead."

Iceheart nodded, still wary. "How did you..."

"Oh, that? We're Zeye's siblings, we've got powers." Whisper grinned.

"Oh." Iceheart muttered. More of them? Thank Starclan they saved me.

"Let's get you to a safe place." Taylor meowed, stepping closer to her. He touched her back with his paw and they were suddenly teleported away.

____________________________________