10

Denis-

I woke up the next morning Vivian cuddled into my side, I traced shapes up and down her exposed hip as she slept.

She looked so delicate and peaceful as she slept and suddenly stirred awake.

"Morning." She smiled at me.

"Morning. And may I be the first to wish you a happy birthday." I smiled down at her.

She groaned, pulling the covers over her head, hiding from me.

"I was hoping you would forget."

I chuckled.

"You may be the only person in the world that hates birthdays."

"Can we just go back to bed? We can cuddle all day?" She asked hopefully.

I pulled the covers off of her, causing her to groan.

"No, I have big plans for you today."

"No, no big plans." She pleaded.

I chuckled.

"Stop being such a baby. You are eighteen after all."

She pulled the covers back over her head, hiding again.

"I will throw you out of this bed." I threatened.

"Go ahead."

I quickly grabbed her by the waist, going to roll her off of the bed, when she suddenly wrapped her legs around my waist, causing me to fall with her leaving us in a tangled laughing mess on the floor.

I stopped laughing when I realized how close we were, our faces inches apart.

My breathing hitched as I  looked from her eyes to her lips, then back at her eyes.

This was it. My moment to finally kiss her again and show her how much better I got.

I started to lean in when my sister opened the door.

"Happy birthday Vivian!" She screamed, causing us both to scramble off of each other.

I bit my lip awkwardly.

"Thank you." Vivian gave her a small smile.

"Dad, Mom, and I are leaving so you have to cook breakfast for her." She ran out, slamming the door.

"Do you wanna...uh get food?" I asked, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah that sounds good." She nodded, following me down to the kitchen where I got out a few ingredients and began to make pancakes.

"So what are the plans for today?" She raised my eyebrow.

"Well Maddie, James, Cam, Sam, and Ben will be here in an hour."

"You told Maddie the actual date of my birthday?" She yelled.

"Yeah what's so wrong with that?" I laughed amused. Maddie was her girl best friend and she didn't know Viv's birthday?

"I've been giving her fake dates for 8 years so she would miss my birthday! She was about to stop trying."

"Everyone deserves a day to celebrate them Vivian."