Chapter 3

The next day, as the prince wished her to, Bunny spent most of her days in his chamber, reading books and being taught by the prince on how to read. It had been a few months, and she again surprised him when one of his books was in English and she could read some of the words, though flawed, but that ignited more of the Prince's interest over her. Bunny would come to the Prince's chamber early in the morning to wake him up and brought him breakfast as he wanted her to do so, and slowly but sure, Prince Sulaiman gave the task of taking care of him to the slave he liked most. At night, she would be the last one to left his chamber after the Prince fell asleep, and brought a different book back to the harem.

The guards who stood on his door were confused as well. The Prince only wanted one person to be allowed to get into his chamber without invitation nor orders, and unlike Sulaiman's previous women, they weren't hearing soft moans and sighs from inside the chamber during the visit of the pale-skinned angel.

The Prince himself also keeping himself shut inside his chamber more than he used to, only going out of his room only for meal times with the king and a little sports like swordsmanship and horseriding, also a bit of brain sport like chess and debating with his tutor. When he was needed for some royalty activities, he would accept and do what his father asked him to, but soon as he arrived home, he would go back to his chamber immediately.

His purchase of books was also increased since Bunny arrived, from local books to imported ones. He thought it would be a perfect bait to keep the girl around him, and he thought it was good for himself too, so he kept buying new books whenever he had the chance to do so.

King Hassan definitely noticed the differences his son was having, and when he asked why, Sulaiman only grinned wide and looking happier than ever, telling his father he got an interesting toy.

"Don't forget to get yourself a wife, Al," King Hassan reminded his only heir, and he only got a wide grin as an answer.

The frequent visits to the Prince's chamber apparently melt the ice inside the angel's heart. She talked more to the prince, listening more of his stories, and even involved herself in a debate about Sun Tzu's Art of War with the Prince, which again surprised the only heir of the sultanate. She even didn't refuse when the Prince wanted her to sit on his lap, although she was a bit awkward to do so.

It was the fifth months of their weird book-based relationship, and both of them were quite happy to be in that kind of relationship. Prince Sulaiman was happy he obtained a new friend to talk to and to debate with, and the angel herself was happy to have an endless source of the thing she likes most. Prince Sulaiman even granted an access to the library, her kind of heaven, as long as she was going there with him.

"Come here, baby Bunny, read this for me," the prince grinned with his hands opened wide as he was sitting comfortably on his bed, waiting the girl to come and sit between his legs as she read the newest book he bought from the merchant.

Bunny rolled her eyes, but with a silent sigh she approached the number two man in the sultanate, took the book from him and sat in between his legs.

"Prince, you can read for yourself, why should I read for you?"

"Call me Al, it's fine," he wrapped his arms around her small waist, putting his head on her shoulder as he inhaled her sweet scent. "and I like your voice, that's it."

"Al?" the angel asked, a little bit confused.

"It's how my father and late mother call me. You may call me so," he nudged his nose to her neck playfully.

Bunny paused. She was amazed she got such a privilege to call the prince with a name only his family use to call him, and she was hesitating whether to call him so or not.

"Prince Al," she muttered under her breath, and before she continued, she put the book down and turned around to see the prince. A short pause, but then she decided to let him know. "my name is Maeve."

The prince widened his eyes, and a second later a wide grin bloomed across his face. It was clear that he was happy to finally hear her real name, after the rejection he had during the first day they met.

"You asked me that and I haven't answered, that would be rude," she added and took the book back into her hands, opening the first page of the story.

"Maeve," the prince repeated her name, again and again in her ears. He was as happy as a little boy with his new toy, saying her name all over again along with the name he had given her. "Maeve Bunny, Bunny Maeve, Maeve, Bunny."

Unexpectedly, the girl got her face red over the endless call of her name, and she could feel her face getting hotter and hotter every time he repeated her name. That reaction triggered more of the prince's interest, and he kept repeating her name as he kissed her shoulders and back.

"S-stop it, Prince," she grumbled with her face as red as an apple, slightly regretting telling the prince her real name. "that's why I don't tell people my name. Does it sound really weird that you keep repeating it?"

"On the contrary," he said, still with a wide grin and his arms around her waist, preventing his very private odalisque to run away. "that name sounds so sweet to my ears, baby Maeve Bunny."

The girl pouted, but eventually letting the prince did what he wanted to. And by the end of the day, he finally released her just to went to the door and told his guards nobody was allowed to his room and the angel was not going back to the harem for the night.

"OK, let's continue," he still beamed his trademark cunning grin and jumped into the bed as he pulled the girl along with him to rest her weight on him. "since you've told me your name, your reward is to sleep with the prince tonight."

Her blue eyes widened and again her face was reddening, and she got a loud laughter as a response over her nervousness. The prince then pulled her into his tight embrace before kissed her forehead gently.

"By sleeping together, I mean you're going to accompany me sleeping as my hugging pillow, baby Maeve Bunny." 

The red face remained on her fair white skin, then with a light nod she agreed to his invitation. 

♢Author's note♢ 

Hello, it's me again. I never thought I'll be able to write something this long and continuous, and yes this is some kind of new achievement to me since I was never able to stick on the story everytime I wanted to write something. So, yeah, I'm kind of surprised this story can still went on.

Thank you for you who read this sickeningly sweet fairy tale until now, I hope you keep supporting me with comments or votes, whichever you see fit ᕦ(ò u óˇ)ᕤ

The updates will be weekly and on Wednesdays, so stay tuned and see what happens to this sweet-as-honey couple in the next episode! See you next Wednesday! \ (•◡•) /