Chapter 6

Another day spent well. The prince and his odalisque were spending so much time together that almost no one in the palace ever saw the prince going out of his room if it wasn't for the king's call or for his regular exercise and spar.

The odalisque he likes so much was just the same. She only was seen in her bed in the harem for earlier weeks since she arrived at the palace, and was hardly seen for she spent most of her time inside the prince's chamber, reading his books.

By day, the two would be busy reading each other a book, then Sulaiman would teach her new things like playing chess and basic self-defense, then they would talk about various things from culture to politics, which ended up either in a debate or a discussion.

And by night, before they went to slumber deep, almost everyday the prince would once again embraced his most loved angel, putting her to sleep out of exhaustion and enjoyed the sight of her sleeping in his arms. It was his recent favourite thing to do, to watch his angel sleeping next to him. In no time, he followed her to the slumber.

It was a couple hours past midnight, when the girl stirred awake from her sleep, finding out the prince was sleeping peacefully next to her with his arm across her naked waist, and she smiled to see him breathing next to her.

She was almost falling back to sleep when she saw a gleam of a sharp metal right on top of them, heading right to the prince's chest if only Bunny didn't pulled him closer to her. "PRINCE!!"

The metal blade pierced through the prince's shoulder, waking him up from great pain and surprise. More to his surprise, he saw Bunny jumped at one of the attackers, disarmed him and struck a blow to his chin using her balled fist like he taught her to, not much of a force but it was enough to make him fell down and he definitely saw stars in his eyes from the blow.

Al was still surprised, but he didn't let his girl fought on her own. He quickly attacked the second one, one-armed, yet his battle skill was more than enough to fight empty-handed. "Bunny, call the guards!"

The girl nodded and opened the door, screaming from the top of her lungs, calling whoever was patrolling around. She shouted loud for the guards, and in no time there were lights ignited from the torches and they were all heading to the prince's chamber.

The attacker Bunny fought earlier went frantic, he quickly grabbed his blade and was about to help his partner to finish the prince quickly before helps arrive when a force from the side abruptly pushed him away and slammed him to the wall.

It was the girl, glaring at the much bigger man with murderous intent. She lunged him, and with the self-defense skill Al taught her, she took the closest curtain rope and wrapped it around the assassin's neck and pulled the ends as hard as she could, trying to block the airflow into his lungs.

Meanwhile, the prince was busy fighting the other one. His wounded arm was quite a disadvantage and he wasn't armed while his opponent had a long blade to assist him. His skin was grazed several times, leaving bleeding scratches all over him.

The footsteps from the guards drew near, and the assassins couldn't waste more time in the chamber if they did not want to get caught. They need to escape.

The one who fought Al fleeted first, leaving his partner strangled by a girl half his size and trying to escape, reaching for his blade. The moment he had the handle on his reach, he took the blade and attacked the girl, leaving a quite huge cut on her waist before fleeting out of the chamber's window.

Bunny quickly approached the prince, his shoulder was injured badly from the pierce, and there were more than half a dozen of cuts on his skin.

"Prince--Prince, are you okay?" she asked, though she knew he wasn't okay. Her voice was trembling, tears clumping in her eyes as she tried not to cry before getting help for the prince. When the guards appeared, she loudly shouted to get help for the prince. "GET THE DOCTOR HERE QUICKLY!"