Chapter 10

"Shahzade Sulaiman," the young blonde muttered under her breath, almost inaudible to anyone but her and the prince, although there were only the two in the prince's chamber. "What. Did. You. Mean. By. That?"

The crown prince smiled. He knew, beneath the curtaining golden hair and bowed head, his favourite marine blue eyes were glazed with tears. He took her back to his room only a minute after he announced

"I meant it, Babybun," he pulled the girl's chin, making her raising her head, staring at him with her eyes wet and her cheeks flushed in rosy tint. "I'll make you my wife."

Though the girl was overjoyed, she showed him furrowed brows and pursed lips, a sign she was pretty upset because Al pointed out his intention to take her as his wife without telling her first.

"Why didn't you tell me in advance?" the girl said, a bit stuttering from holding back the tears and the overwhelming mixed feelings inside of her.

Al wrapped his arms around the girl, weaving his fingers on her back as they stared at each other. "I know you won't refuse, will you?" he gave the girl his annoying wolf-like smug, then pulled her closer.

But Bunny didn't--or maybe she couldn't even--respond. She only hugged the prince back and burying her face on his chest, only shook her head lightly.

"No," she replied the prince, lowly, and almost drowned in her faint overjoyed sobbing. "I will never refuse your wishes, Shahzade."

"So I guess it's a yes?" Al grinned wide towards the girl, half amused over her reaction, half overwhelmed with happiness. Though he was being so confident, deep down inside he still had the thought of 'what if she rejects me'.

"A big fat one," Bunny finally looked straight to the prince's green eyes. Her blue orbs were glazed in tears, her cheeks flushed in rosy tint for she was clearly, definitely happy. Not because a prince would marry her, but because it was Sulaiman who asked, so she said yes.

The young prince beamed a wide smile once again, still being happy over his decision. He knew what he felt towards this girl named Maeve wasn't just on a whim, not something would be soon forgotten, but it was real. He loves everything about the girl.

While the two was happily enjoying the rest of the night, at the other tower of the palace, Shahib Hamid was currently stressed out from the amount of pressure he was having. If Sulaiman already got himself his future wife already, that would mean his little brother he hated so much will get married to the woman really soon, and finally acquiring the throne he always wanted to have.

With Sulaiman always rejecting the women he offered, Hamid 'was given' a full twenty six years to try to get rid of Sulaiman and climbing to the throne as he wanted to. But Sulaiman was way too good. Countless murder attempts had been executed, from poison to wild animals, from accidents to friendly fires during war practices, none ever succeeded. Either Sulaiman was only lucky, or he really had been protected by a djinn his whole life--absurd theory, but Hamid didn't put that kind of possibility aside.

The reason why his last attempt failed, miserably, remained a mystery for the royal prince. The two assassins never came back to report, fearing probably either Sulaiman or Bunny ever saw their face, was the reason Hamid still being clueless of what might be the cause.

Hamid knew really well his most hated brother fought very well, but with that kind of flesh wound, he should not be able to fight two professional hitmen on his own.

'There is no way in Earth that skinny bitch fought as well, no freaking way,' he thought to himself, without knowing the truth, randomly guessing the possibilities before he finally wringing his brain for his next plan.