Chapter 7

The rumour again spread amongst the palace member. The royals, the servants, the guards, almost everyone knew Prince Sulaiman grew fond of a slave, and that fact alone surely sparked different interests from them. Some praised the prince to have different perspective of his perfect woman, and there were more who said he was already out of his mind, being head over heels for a lowly slave. Some also said the slave was actually a witch who used some kind of witchcraft to enchant the prince and rule over the sultanate--probably the other angels spread the news, disliking the fact Prince Sulaiman was always sticking close to the newest angel.

"That. Is. Absolutely. Ridiculous," the Prince laughed when Bunny told him that kind of rumour was spreading inside the sultanate. He almost choked from the grape Bunny was feeding him from the excessive laughter. "Or is it not?"

Bunny raised her brows.

"I mean, you came here just like that. Nobody knows who are you, and yet the next day you occupied my bedroom from morning to night. What kind of witchcraft are you using, my sweet baby Bunny?"

"So you're thinking I'm a witch?"

Al shrugged, smiling at her as he pinched her small, pointy nose. "Kind of. You bewitch me with your charms, Babybun."

The girl rolled her eyes, but nevertheless she laughed at his lame joke. She wiped the trace of food on the young prince's mouth and smiled at him. "I'm really grateful Your Highness is doing just fine," she said softly as her hand went to where the blade pierced through him. "I heard some news from the guards, your usual night guards were found dead five miles from the oase, stripped off their uniform--and that was the reason the could lay a hand on you."

"I should have his neck broken, not letting him escape," Bunny said through gritted teeth, still regretting she didn't have enough strength to snapped the assassin's neck. "How dare they."

Al raised his brows. That was the first time his slave acted even more furious compared to any other person in the sultanate, not even the guards for being careless, and he was sure she fought quite good even in a sticky situation like that, another point he likes from this extraordinary girl.

He reached to the girl and rubbed her forehead. "Don't furrow your brows too much, you'll get wrinkles fast that way," he laughed at the surprised girl, now with her face red. "My baby Bunny saved my life. How could I repay her?"

"Do something with your goddamn stepbrother," she muttered low but clearly there was hatred in her voice. For the first time, the prince heard her cursing something, and it was his half-brother.

They both know who sent the assassin the second they saw him that night, on the doorway with his face raged--not from the incident but because two assassins were not enough to bring Prince Sulaiman down.

"No, Bunny, I mean presents for you, reward for saving my life," the prince laughed, amused on how she addressed his brother not with 'prince' but with a cuss. "Maybe jewellery? More books? Chess board? Your own chamber?"

The light-haired angel frowned, couldn't think about what to ask him. "No, I don't need jewelleries. I haven't had through with your books, and you already have few chessboards I can borrow. My own chamber sounds good but I guess it will remain empty, won't it?"

Al laughed again. With his personal angel, he always found himself laughing over her blunt statements and ideas, and the way she thinks. "Do you realised you just point out whatever you want, you'll be doing it with me?" he asked, just to tease the girl.

Bunny paused. She didn't realised it but the way she said it really implied she didn't want to get separated from the prince. That instant moment, her face turned red and she needed to hide her face, curtaining her small face with her hair.

Her reaction amused the prince, and he knew he was the only one who can make this pighead slave acted that way, and he felt it was like the greatest privilege ever given to him. "Okay then, but will you find something I can give you as a reward, or something else only I can give?"

The angel shrugged, still didn't know what to ask. She doesn't need jewellery, she doesn't need books, she doesn't need any private chamber or anything else. She only need him to alive and well. At the end, she shook her head, decided to keep the only thing she needs inside her head.

"I can't find any. If this can be categorised as a wish, then I want tighter security on your door, having at least one guard by your side when you're outside of your room, making sure you're safe twenty-four seven."

Al raised his brows, amazed on what requests she made, then gave her a short chuckle. "Bunny, when I said reward, it should be a present for you, not for me."

"But if it's your wish, then be it," he patted the girl gently and presented a kiss on her lips. "And if you don't mind, I think I know something that will suit you well. Thank you, sweet little Bunny."  

♢Author's note♢

OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS TWO WEEKS WITHOUT ANY UPDATE. I'm really, really sorry. It was Ramadan Kareem holiday for the whole two weeks and I really didn't have any time to write more neither touching my PC since I was away to another town for days and always included Wednesdays on it. I'm really sorry for that and I'm trying to write more and more so this story won't be neglected like any other stories I've plotted but I left them unfinished LOL.

Thank you for checking this out weekly, if you do. If you don't, I don't mind at all (ehehe). And also thank you for the support through votes and comments, if you have some critiques or suggestions please don't hesitate to leave a comment. I'll be more than delighted to receive them all. THANK YOU!