Thirteen

The men stayed scared until they died.

A few weeks after they killed the boy, now in Massachusetts, they visited with a long time friend, Mark, a party-animal. Always lived life on the edge.

Clubbing, raves, bitches, hookers, the works. He almost bought the hookers from their pimp, but they weren't for sale.

Mark dragged the men out to a club. People were crammed in shoulder-to-shoulder. Oddly enough, no one was frowning.

Dan and Arin noticed that the club had no color: all gray and white. Dan figured that, since this club was for people looking for a quick hook-up, no one has found their love yet. Saved money, too.

The only colored object was the green and brown throw-up in the VIP section before it was cleaned out for Mark.

The men sat and chatted up a storm until the strippers came out. The curtains that gave them access to the view of the colorless club were closed so only they saw.

The girls shook everything they had, earning a few dollars from Mark. No one else had cash on them.

The girls came over to give everyone a private lap dance. Everyone except Arin and Dan. When a girl, Nadia, did walk over to Dan for a dance, Arin pushed her over and sat on Dan's lap, face-to-face. Dan smiled and kissed his lover.

Barry felt mildly uncomfortable at first, but the girl he got fit nicely on his lap.

Ross was really into it. A little too into it.

"C'mon, guys!" Mark chanted and spanked his girl, Lola. She squealed and danced harder.

Arin and Dan started making out.

Rough.

Barry pushed the girl off of him and ran out, unable to get any enjoyment out of it.

Barry thought, why don't I like this. I have to like this. I'm straight. Nothing more. Just girls. Always girls.

Barry has had crushes on guys in the past, but he never acknowledged them. He grew up in a strict Christian household. No homosexuality was tolerated.

Bother found the one.
Sister found the one.
Barry was alone.

"Hey, did it get awkward in the strip club?" The bartender standing next to him laughed. Barry nodded. "Yeah, not the most fun thing to do."

Barry looked over at the bartender who was shaking a drink in his mixer. He had short green hair and blue eyes. He also had the cutest accent.

No, Barry. Not him.

The bartender handed him a small glass of Whiskey. Their hands met.

No spark.

"Hey, Bare, are you coming back in?!" Mark echoed behind Barry. He jumped and spun around.

"Sorry, just n-not for me." Barry stuttered, still holding his drink.

"Oh, hello sir. Drink?" The bartender asked, cleaning out a dirty wine glass.

"Just water. I can't drink." Mark laughed. The bartender leaned his head to the side in confusion, but just got a shot glass and filled it up with his bottled water and ice.

"You're welcome." He held out the glass and they touched.

"Holy shit!" Mark exclaimed, almost dropping the glass.

Now Barry really is alone. Him and Ross, forever alone.

Not for long.