chapter 12

"Where you off to today, Bob?" Atticus asked as he was getting his morning mail.

"I'm off to see an old friend of mine," Bob replied. "I think a new start in my life needs a new uniform."

"What's wrong with the old one that you--" Atticus was about to ask before he remembered what happened to Bob's old uniform. "Ohh, right."

"Yeah, you and your boy wanna come?" Bob invited.

"Sure, besides, I've been wanting to know who did your superhero outfit." Atticus said.

"Sounds good to me." Bob agreed.

Atticus brought the mail in and put it on the kitchen counter. "Mail's on the counter, Mo, I'm off for work!"

"Okay, see you at dinner!" Mo called back.

They then felt shaking from the gym room.

"Akito must be training his Pokemon or something." Atticus guessed happily.

"Well, you better inform him before you go." Mo said.

"All right, one quick stop." Atticus nodded and went up to the home gym.

Akito panted as he wiped his forehead from training his Pokemon. "Phew!"

"Hey, son," Atticus smiled to his younger son. "I'm heading out."

"Where to?" Akito asked.

"Going with Mr. Parr to meet an old friend of his, would you like to come along?" Atticus invited.

"Sure." Akito smiled before returning all of his Pokemon to their Pokeballs.

Atticus smiled back. The father and son then came out into Bob's new sports car and he drove them to his old friend's place with his superhero uniform.

"Time to meet the person who made your outfit." Akito said.

"Right." Bob nodded as he drove the way.

Akito looked out the window, very curious and excited to meet this new person.

Bob's new car then pulled up an imposing, futuristic kind of gate and turned to a video screen to reveal a burly guard on the screen.

"Do you have an appointment?" the guard demanded.

"I'm an old friend," Bob replied. "I just wanted--"

"All visitors are required to make arr--" the guard replied before flinching from something below the camera which then shooed him off.

"Get back, Rolf!" a husky female voice demanded sharply. "Go check zhe electric fence or somezhing! Vhat is it? Vhat do you vant?!"

Bob lowered his cool sunglasses to show his eyes to his old friend.

"My God, you've gotten fat..." the voice muttered. "Come in! Come!"

The gates then opened up Bob drove himself through the gates up a long driveway to see a tastefully artsy house.

"What an artsy house." Akito said.

"I bet your brother will live in a place like that when he grows up." Atticus joked.

Akito laughed a little. "Good one, Dad."

The three then came to a living room to see a tiny woman with huge glasses. "Yes, things are going quite vell," she said to Bob in particular. "My God, no complaints. But, you know, it is not zhe same. Not zhe same at all."