chapter 3

The kids then waited for the man of the house to get home. He then came inside, but he didn't look too happy once he arrived.

"Is that him?" Akito asked.

"Hey, Dad..." Violet and Dash greeted softly.

Bob mumbled out a greeting to his children as he dragged himself inside the house.

"Must've had a bad day at work." Estelle guessed.

"Looks that way." Vincent said.

"Yeah, he seems stressed..." Akito agreed.

"Probably had a bad day with his boss..." Violet assumed. "I haven't met him, but Mr. Huph, but he sounds like the worst."

"We've heard about him." Estelle frowned.

"You have?" Dash asked.

"From our dad." Vincent said.

"He sounds annoying..." Dash said which gave him glares. "Dad's boss, not your dad, of course..."

"Let's just hope dinner gets our minds off of certain things." Estelle siad, looking mostly to Violet when she said that, knowing she was rather upset because of what happened in school and how she blew her chance to talk with Tony Rydinger.

Dash smirked, knowing exactly why his sister didn't look too happy.

"Okay, everybody, let's eat!" Helen called out as she carried her youngest child who was her infant son and put him into his highchair.

Jack-Jack giggled and babbled as he joined his family and friends to dinner.

Estelle smiled brightly to the baby, she had always wanted to be a mother, especially when Teddy was still a little Teddiursa. "Hiiii!" she beamed to the baby. "Aren't you a handsome young man?" she then cooed as she made him laugh to her and even tickled his chin. "Cootchy, cootchy, coo!"

Jack-Jack giggled even more as he was being tickled under his chin. Estelle smiled to him, then went to take her seat.

"Wow, Estelle, you'd be a great babysitter," Helen smiled in approval. "Jack-Jack usually doesn't take strangers that easily."

"Well, as a matter of fact, I am a babysitter, I watch over two little kids named Emmy and Max and where my boyfriend comes along as well." Estelle smiled as she began to make funny faces to entertain Jack-Jack.

Jack-Jack giggled louder and clapped to Estelle's entertainment.

"Maybe you could sit for us one day." Helen suggested.

"I'd like that." Estelle smiled, then took her seat, deciding to stop so they could eat.

Jack-Jack was a bit upset that Estelle had to stop making funny faces, but cheered up once he saw food. Bob came out from his home office and decided to sit down with his family and the guests.

"Sorry about Mom and Dad not coming, Mrs. Parr," Vincent spoke up. "Dad's been a little stressed lately."

"It's alright I'll try to meet him some other time." Bob said.

The family and their guests then sat down to eat their dinner. Helen then tried to make funny faces to her youngest child like how Estelle did to entertain him as she tried to get him to eat his food.

"Mom, you're making weird faces again..." Dash complained.

"No, I'm not, I'm making funny faces." Helen told him while still trying to make funny faces for Jack-Jack.

"You make weird faces, honey." Bob mumbled.

Helen glanced to her husband as she noticed he had the newspaper out. "Do you have to read at the table?"