chapter 5

The next morning at school, Felicity was given a paper and was dialing a combination on a locker given to her and she opened it to put her stuff in.

"So, Felicity." Akito came to his cousin's side, surprising her.

"Sacre Bleu!" Felicity gasped in surprise.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you, anyways, Felicity do you live close by?" Akito asked.

"Um, what do you mean?" Felicity asked as she took out a book and closed the locker door, walking off with the book in her arms.

"Are your parents around?" Akito asked.

"Erm... Maman and Papa are home, I live with a host family..." Felicity seemed nervous to be talking with him.

"Are you okay?" Akito asked.

"Fine, why do you ask?" Felicity looked away nervously.

"No reason, you just seem nervous." Akito said.

"Oh, um, just feel strange being in a school..." Felicity replied. "You know how it is..."

"Yeah." Akito said, a little bit concerned.

"Well, it's time for class, no?" Felicity replied.

"Yeah, I guess..." Akito shrugged as he went to class with her.

'I cannot lie to him, he is my family, but I might be punished severely if I am honest...' Felicity thought to herself.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Akito asked her.

"I am fine..." Felicity looked down and watched her foot as it drew circles in the linoleum green floor.

The Clark siblings who had class with them came in and noticed the French girl.

"Oh, so this is the famous Felicity..." Megan commented. "You look really pale, sweetie..." she then said to the girl. "You need to soak up some sun."

"My family and I prefer to be away from the sun." Felicity replied.

"Why?" Lee asked.

"Because Papa says the sun burns..." Felicity replied.

"Only if you stay out in the sun for too long." Marc said.

"Uh, Felicity's kinda special, guys..." Akito smiled sheepishly to the Clark siblings.

"Didn't Estelle say you were a vampire, Felicity?" Lee asked.

Felicity gasped and looked back. "You know about that?!"

"Yeah." Lee nodded.

Felicity shut her eyes and held herself.

"You can trust us, Felicity," Lee comforted. "You seem like a nice girl."

"R-Really?" Felicity asked.

"Yeah... Are you shy?" Lee asked.

"A little bit..." Felicity played with her dark hair. "I don't get out much..."

"We can see that." Tony said.

Felicity sighed. "I am sorry..." she then reached into her bag and took out the enchanted mirror. "I am missing my parents..."

Akito, Estelle, and Vincent knew exactly what that mirror did.

"Um, you should wait until lunch to call your parents," Estelle suggested. "You shouldn't divert any unnecessary attention with that thing."

"Sorry..." Felicity put her mirror away.

"Is that mirror magic?" Megan asked.

"Oui, it is..." Felicity thought it would be safe to tell them since they knew she was a vampire. "It can show me anyone and anything I want..."