chapter 17

Due to being the oldest children in their homes, Vincent and Violet were left in charge until their mothers would come back home.

"There's lots of leftovers you can reheat," Helen said as she was about to leave with Mo. "Make sure Dash does his homework, and both you get to bed on time. We should be back tonight, late. You can both be in charge that long, can't you?"

"Umm... Maybe..." Vincent shrugged.

"Yeah, but why are we in charge again?" Violet then asked.

"Let's just say your fathers are in trouble." Emi said.

"You mean our dads are in trouble or our dads are the trouble?" Violet asked.

"We mean, they're either in trouble, or they're going to be." Helen replied rather darkly as she was her way to her bedroom.

"Trust me, either they are in trouble or they are going to be in trouble when we find them." Mo said.

Helen came into her bedroom and put her travel bag onto her bed to look over the suit that E had designed for her. Dash saw what his mother had and decided to take a closer look.

"Dash, no!" Mo said, firmly closing the curtains.

Dash zipped in however, getting into his mother's personal business.

"Oh, come on!" Mo groaned.

"What's going on in there?" Vincent asked his mother.

"Don't get involved..." Mo groaned.

"It's Dash, isn't it?" Estelle guessed.

"That boy..." Mo sighed.

"And I thought Tony Clark was a pain..." Estelle mumbled. She then soon noticed her mother had a superhero suit. "Mom~..."

Mo's eyes widened slightly. "Oh, uh, hey, sweetie..."

"I didn't know you were a superhero..." Estelle then said.

"Oh, I'm not, it's, uh, just something an old friend of Aunt Darla's gave me." Mo told her daughter.

Before anything could be said, Estelle's and Vincent's futuristic bracelets scanned Mo's superhero suit secretly.

Vincent seemed to rush into the room as his bracelet went off. "What's going on in here?!" he then looked to his mother. "Uh, Mom...?"

"I don't know." Mo said.

Violet seemed to also walk into her mother's room, seeing two other superhero suits, one her size and one her mother's size. "What are these?" she asked as she picked one suit up.

"Look, I'm 'The Dash'!" Dash zipped by in his suit and looked in the mirror with a smirk. "The Dash likes~..."

"They look like superhero suits." Estelle said.

"Take that off before someone sees you!" Helen scolded her son.

"But you're packing one just like it and even Mrs. Fudo has one on," Violet replied. "Are you hiding something, Mom?"

"Hiding? We're not hiding anything." Mo said.

"Please, honey, I'm on the phone--" Helen tried, but then yelled out. "Dash!"

Dash zipped by and gave a suit to his sister. "This is yours, it's specially made!"

"What's going on?" Violet grew suspicious.

"Yeah, what is going on?" Vincent asked.

Helen pushed them both out of the way as she rushed with Mo into her bedroom, leaving Violet and Vincent to glance at each other.